Changed air filter today

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
airfilter.jpg

Overall it wasn't bad at all.. I'm at 31K.

Anyone else changed theirs and compare around this mileage?

Sorry, I am running the s&b non-oiled version. Too much dust here. I'm after larger capacity.

I did mine today, looked about the same, maybe a little worse. Just bought the truck with 45,000 miles so I don't know how long it's been in there.

I did mine today, looked about the same, maybe a little worse. Just bought the truck with 45,000 miles so I don't know how long it's been in there.
It's always good to change everything when you first get it so you have a good baseline going forward. Welcome to the forum!

Also, what does your fuel filter life percentage say? That is one that I would change long before the DIC says too. I have seen reports of the filters tearing apart, bypassing any cleaning effect. Mostly during freezing temps and gelled up fuel in filter.

Also, what does your fuel filter life percentage say? That is one that I would change long before the DIC says too. I have seen reports of the filters tearing apart, bypassing any cleaning effect. Mostly during freezing temps and gelled up fuel in filter.
The dealer replaced the fuel and oil filters as part of their "pre-owned vehicle complete service", I went and verified those were replaced. Apparently a "complete service" doesn't include the air or cabin filter when they are paying for it. Which is kind of funny, whenever I take a vehicle in for service, they ALWAYS say it needs a new air and cabin filter.

Back