Backup lights

Sperbonzo

Jan 20, 2022
Love my truck, but I could use some better lighting in reverse. I tried to change out the reversing bulbs, but then realized that the AT4 package is a sealed unit, so you can't get to the bulbs individually. Anyone have any ideas about mods to give more light when backing up?

I know the putco tailgate light puts out alot of led white light in reverse. It might be overkill for you.

20210505_213128.jpg

I also believe Boost Auto Parts has a harness to make the 3rd brake light bed lights to come on in reverse.

If I was needing reverse lights bad, I would take the truck to an exhaust shop and have them install a tailpipe like the HD's have and mount something like this in the hdmi ports...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's pretty cool, but do those top cargo lights help illuminate the road / area behind you as you are reversing? Do you have this mod?

Actually that's interesting. Are they difficult to install?
Not at all. Will need to do it while the truck is dry. As in you have to crawl under it to add the harness.

That's pretty cool, but do those top cargo lights help illuminate the road / area behind you as you are reversing? Do you have this mod?
I don't have that one.

I have the harness that mods the rear facing lights on the tow mirrors, in reverse. Those put out alot next to the truck, so you can see road ditches.

2021 RST I used these from Ebay 2 for under $10, Im very pleased with these reverse lights, like a sunny day in the back with them on.

Back