Bought my 2021 Silverado LT July 2021.

Old Chevy Guy

Jan 31, 2022
Love the truck but have had a few little issues like other owners. The latest was the crank no start thing. 6,100 miles and it happened yesterday for the first time. Sounds like I will wait and see about that one, hoping for GM to figure it out. The first hickup was like it made a quick shift down and back up, then the CEL came on. Onstar said get to the dealer within a day, engine/transmission fault. I was 200+ miles from home and had no more issues. The code cleared the next day and hasn't done that since. Dealer says they can't see historic codes which seems a bit hard to believe. Not ready to trade it in for a Ram yet.

Welcome to the forum! The engine crank no start is fixed by the latest software update.. I can find the thread here for ya.. The shifting is not something widely reported for sure. I say sit back and enjoy the ride. They are nice trucks!

Welcome to the forum! The engine crank no start is fixed by the latest software update.. I can find the thread here for ya.. The shifting is not something widely reported for sure. I say sit back and enjoy the ride. They are nice trucks!
That’s good to know. I think I saw that and it makes them crank a little longer to start. Might just wait a little longer and see what other issues come up. Already see some things on the forum I want to do on the truck 👍🏻

Back