DEF price

HalfMax

Mar 3, 2022
thought someone might benefit from this. I have now bought 3 jugs of def from my local Canadian tire store at $25/just under 10 litre jug. I stopped at UFA they sell it bulk at their pumps for $1/litre…. Just under half the price of the jugs! So I ordered a UFA fuel link card! I’m assuming other bulk stations would be similar 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wish I could find it in bulk around here. I have several empty 9L DEF jugs I could refill. And if I'm towing this summer, I'll need it!

I did get a couple of jugs at Cambodian Tire on sale $19/jug a while back.

When you northerners talk dollars are you using cad or usd? Walmart delivers free for so many dollars spent. A jug is $15 and change. Order 3 jugs for free shipping. It is the Blue DEF. I don't know if Canada has walmarts though.

When you northerners talk dollars are you using cad or usd?
I know I'm talking Canuck Bucks. So that's about $0.70 USD. I use xe.com for exchange rates.

So that $20CAD jug comes to about $16.02USD.

Of course we have Walmarts. They actually thwarted an invasion by Target a few years ago. Checked online, they list a 2 pack of 2.5 gal but is unavailable. That could be just online though. Haven't checked in-store. Not a fan of shopping in there, especially the one nearest to me.

Looking for bulk DEF here, seems that they are only for commercial clients. I might check with a local fuel supplier (Stinson) to see if they can sell it to me.

Ya sorry our southern neighbours haha all this litres and cad probably gives you a headache haha the main thing is bulk pump price here is half of buying jugs haha. UFA is a farm bulk fuel station we have here and I imagine any bulk stations would be the same the benefit to UFA is they have a link card so you can swipe it then just pay with a credit card instead of actually getting a bulk fuel account.
Mooseman I don’t imagine you have UFA’s out east it might be worth getting a bulk fuel account at whatever you do have there? One thing that surprised me with UFA was that their diesel fuel price was one of the highest in town compared to regular retail pumps 🤷🏻‍♂️

One thing that surprised me with UFA was that their diesel fuel price was one of the highest in town compared to regular retail pumps 🤷🏻‍♂️
I noticed that at truck stops, like the Irving at the 401/Cornwall exit. It was like $0.20/L higher. They might have more overhead because of the space required for the large tractor trailers.

I noticed that at truck stops, like the Irving at the 401/Cornwall exit. It was like $0.20/L higher. They might have more overhead because of the space required for the large tractor trailers.
I guess and I think each card holder gets a different price depending on years and amount of fuel bought 🤷🏻‍♂️ The UFA price I was quoted was for a newer account holder who was buying about 10,000 Litres/year I figure I’m going to be closer to $8,000/yr but no matter what I thought the highest price in town even for a new account was a bit crazy 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just go to the truck stops and fill my tank up via the handle. Quick and cheap(er)!

A few of the newer Co-op card locks have bulk DEF I’ve noticed. Not sure on the prices there though.
Nice co-op and petro-can cardlocks here do too, I also don’t know about their prices but I bet they’re inline with our UFA price and half the price of the jugs.

Back