Does the 2022 updates make you want to wait on buying 2021 Truck?

Buy now, or wait?

• Total voters

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
For those in the market, it's known that GM is updating the interiors on the truck in 2022 year model trucks. Bigger screens, and hopefully a nicer interior to be more comparable with the Ram trucks.

With that said, does that make you want to wait or go ahead and get a left over 2020, or a 2021 which are currently finally hitting the lots.

No way I love my 2020 just like it is I don’t drive a truck to see how big my waze app is on my center screen nor how many ditty’s I have available that I rarely use anyway. I own a LTZ package that has everything a red neck needs to have, plus a dang good awesome running 3.0 diesel that gets better fuel mileage than anything out there. I am a previous owner of a small business that did oil and gas services and owned 20 some dodge 2500 trucks that were pretty darn good for what I used them for. But after being out of that business for about 10 years now I decided to trade my Tojo Tacoma off on something that I could actually tow with. So I went shopping almost looked at Fords until I realized what a totally stupid thing that was 😳
So I checked out the old brand I used to be with and wow what a change they went from a actual truck to a as you would say a over dressed over priced lady of the night.
So I took a trip to my local GM store and found my new baby. It’s awesome 😎

Buy now! or you will always be chasing the gold ring. They will always be adding something new. Hey wait....its going to be electric in 24... Hey in 27 they are having a nuclear pump put on it.

love my 21 if it is the last of the column shift trucks i am glad i got one. i did a mountain of research before i purchased and to be honest the Dodge beats the General Motors offerings up and down on paper. my particular truck is not however made out of paper for all its "trappings"bottom line on the Dodge it just dose not drive as well. the 22 GM may be closer looking to the competition but it is a far superior product to start with in my opinion. but if they make a nuclear version i may have to trade in!!

I thought about waiting. But I chose to pull the trigger on a 2021, like they said above you will always be chaising the gold ring.

I was talking to the GM after the fact at the dealership and told him I had considered waiting. He said with all the chip shortages and delays, they where not sure they would see those larger screens till mid model year, I don't know how true that is, but I'm happy with what I got now.

But yeah, if that nuclear option comes out, I'm trading in for sure 🤣🤣🚀🚀

He said with all the chip shortages and delays, they where not sure they would see those larger screens till mid model year, I don't know how true that is, but I'm happy with what I got now.

That's a great point. I think it's going to be a bit before it's a buyers market for sure. Mine actually had the $4000 rebate from GM when I purchased back in May, which was surprising considering what was going on and part of the reason I purchased.

Back