Finally ordered my new truck.

Welcome! I was thinking of waiting for this year's max trailering package but with the way things are going, I went with my 2021. Don't regret it at all.

So what's different between the "regular" and max trailering package? I know they increased to tow capacity but what's changed to meet that capacity rating?

Don't forget to post pictures after the wait!

Welcome! I was thinking of waiting for this year's max trailering package but with the way things are going, I went with my 2021. Don't regret it at all.

So what's different between the "regular" and max trailering package? I know they increased to tow capacity but what's changed to meet that capacity rating?
3.73 rear end, extra cooling,extra suspension,tuned shocks, and I think a bigger rear end. Not sure on the rear end without looking it up

Welcome to the forum. I ordered about two weeks ago and was only told to expect 6+ months. But thankful to have a dealer not trying to sell big $$ above MSRP.

Well, canceled my order on the truck. Read where they have made updates to the LM2 engine. I’m going to wait and see what they have done. Hopefully fixed some of the issues that have plagued the truck so far. Time will tell. Not really in a hurry to get one, so let’s see what they have changed.

Well, re-ordered my truck yesterday. Salesperson called and said she was able to build it. Going with the new Volcanic Red. It’s close to the same as the Cayenne Red that was discontinued. No telling how long it will be before it’s picked up by GM. It has the new LZ0 engine at the same cost.

Well, re-ordered my truck yesterday. Salesperson called and said she was able to build it. Going with the new Volcanic Red. It’s close to the same as the Cayenne Red that was discontinued. No telling how long it will be before it’s picked up by GM. It has the new LZ0 engine at the same cost.

I'll be glad to see what's "different" about the new engine myself. Keep us updated!

I'll be glad to see what's "different" about the new engine myself. Keep us updated!
Will do. I hope they corrected the issues from the factory with the no crank and oil usage. Didn’t want to do the back and forth with the dealer. I’m sure there will be some going back as usual, but hopefully not having to leave it for weeks at a time.

The no crank was just a programming issue. I would imagine the crank main oil leaks have also been resolved. Haven't heard of any more on the LM2.

Back