Fuel Additive, if yes which one is best? help cetane #s? lubricity - or all snake oil??

rbdjr

Jun 23, 2021
Ok Just wondering IF and which one FUEL ADDITIVE ? Scientific or opinions, has anyone checked the Cetane number to see if 4oz in 20 gals can raise Cetane 5#s? etc?

i think there may be another thread that has a lot of this. i use stanadyne it is one of very few recommended by everyone from john dear to chevy.

Howe’s products... I’ll use the diesel treat for the winter and am now using diesel defender in the spring/summer/fall. DD supposed to provide min 5% increase in fuel economy, who knows for sure. Use it for the water remover and lubricity for the injection pump. They also have a product call mean klean, I believe that has some cetane in it. Can combine as well without causing issues according to Howe’s. My uncle used to be a long haul big rig driver and told me about it.

Edit: My mistake, they say their meaner power kleaner does not contain harmful cetane. I haven’t use this one. It’s more of a stabilizer, cleaner and water remover. None of Howe’s products have alcohol in them (ie: for water removal).

Last edited:
Back