Fuel filter change

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
Was surprised at how clean it was.

Heading to Arizona this weekend for a week and wanted to change the fuel filter beforehand for the first time. Monitor was at 28% with 20800 miles. Other than buying fuel along the way to Virginia, Tennessee and Arkansas, last year, it has burned #2 that is bulk delivered to the farm house.

After seeing other pictures online, I was expecting worse. Should have trusted the filter monitor.

20220304_122513.jpg

Very clean... I'm fixing to change mine within the next few weeks.. I think my dash is saying something like 40%. I'm at almost 15K miles.

Hey Gemarsh, is that much of a job? Mine will be due soon as well. Changed the oil last weekend but never looked for the fuel filter.

None at all. Need a 36mm socket. The housing bottoms out, using a o-ring to seal.

This is the socket I keep in the crossover toolbox along with a spare filter...

It is shallow, so it has a tendency to stay on the filter housing, when torque'ing(sp) down on the ratchet, removing or replacing.

To prime, DON'T put your foot on the brake pedal and hold the start button for a few seconds to get it into service mode and the pump will prime filter. I did it twice, just to be sure all air was out.

The reset took to key cycles to reset to 100%. I hit the reset button 10 times I bet.

Back