Howdy all

jjs34748

Mar 24, 2022
Hello all you fellow 1500 3.0L owners.

My story, bought a 2016 Colorado 2.8L back in 2016. absolutly loved the truck. Fast forward almost 6 years later and some crazy b***h rear ens me causing mor than $21k in damage and totals my truck. New Colorado's with the 2.8L just are not available, and if a dealer does have one they are putting $5k+ premiums on them. My dealer just happened to have a 2022 RST LTD come off the truck the day I called and I took it.

Satin Steel Metalic, picked it up 3/3/22. So far I have wired it for cameras, tinted the front windows, added clear film to the windshield (UV Protection and the reason I only wired for the cameras) and painted the exhaust tips. I have received raised carbon with red trim letters for the tailgate and LED bulbs for the back up lights, front turn signals and license plate lights. I will install this stuff as soon as I get back home from a work trip.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
Welcome. Thanks for the pictures.

Welcome! So you got the HDMI exhaust tips with the 3.0L Duramax? I thought those came on gassers. My 3.0L only has a single pipe.

Interesting. I wonder if those will get dirty with soot from the diesel. Even with the DPF system, I would imagine that some soot still gets through?

Welcome! So you got the HDMI exhaust tips with the 3.0L Duramax? I thought those came on gassers. My 3.0L only has a single pipe.
I have the RST and Z71, so one of those brings the dual exhaust tips in. Funny enough, I had actually just replaced the brakes and rotors on the Colorado ($600 down the drain) and I had chosen this paint for the rotors. pure coincidence that it matched this closely.

I also forgot to mention that I have installed the Amp Powersteps. Those things are awesome and look great on the truck.

Welcome! Mine also has the duel exhaust which I think is cute on an inline 6 lol, I also want to paint mine it about the only chrome part on the truck 👎👎

Welcome! Mine also has the duel exhaust which I think is cute on an inline 6 lol, I also want to paint mine it about the only chrome part on the truck 👎👎
Thanks. It is kinda funny since it really is just a single exhaust split with a Y pipe. Painting them was really easy to do. They are kinda hard to get off though. They are not actually attached to the exhaust pipes. There are 3 10mm bolt holding each one to the bumper and they are a b****h to get to. after that i just used a die grinder and a red scothbrite disk to scuff the surface, primed and painted with some engine block high temp paint I got at Autozone. we shall see how it holds up over time. If it does not hold up too well, I will have them powder coated.

Thanks. It is kinda funny since it really is just a single exhaust split with a Y pipe. Painting them was really easy to do. They are kinda hard to get off though. They are not actually attached to the exhaust pipes. There are 3 10mm bolt holding each one to the bumper and they are a b****h to get to. after that i just used a die grinder and a red scothbrite disk to scuff the surface, primed and painted with some engine block high temp paint I got at Autozone. we shall see how it holds up over time. If it does not hold up too well, I will have them powder coated.
Ya I looked in there and noticed they aren’t attached to the exhaust lol the round tail pipe just kinda points towards the square tip it’s pretty silly 🤣 but the square tips look kinda cool I guess. I’m actually all set up to powder coat so that’s likely what I’ll do, either black or body colour. Then wrap the couple badges that are left on the truck and I’ll be completely chrome free!

Ya I looked in there and noticed they aren’t attached to the exhaust lol the round tail pipe just kinda points towards the square tip it’s pretty silly 🤣 but the square tips look kinda cool I guess. I’m actually all set up to powder coat so that’s likely what I’ll do, either black or body colour. Then wrap the couple badges that are left on the truck and I’ll be completely chrome free!
I am trying to get a hold of the part numbers for the redline badges so I can order them. So far proving to be pretty elusive. I know that copies can be ordered on Amazon and Ebay, but you never know what quality you are going to get.

I am trying to get a hold of the part numbers for the redline badges so I can order them. So far proving to be pretty elusive. I know that copies can be ordered on Amazon and Ebay, but you never know what quality you are going to get.
Ya for sure. I’m a habitual diy’r and maybe a little cheap.. lol so I tend to TRY and do everything myself much to my own detriment often 💥🙄👈 damn YouTube videos just make it look to easy lol

Back