LM2 Intake Mod Tests

Capsaicin

Jun 14, 2022
Hey all, came across these tests from Demonworks on Youtube. Just an FYI for those who are eyeing these mods:

PPE Resonator Delete and Intake Hoses:

Full S&B Intake Kit:

Lol, just saw/watched this… “obviously don’t buy it for the performance…”. LOL
So spend $3, 4, 500 for the sound and only 0.1 second improvement...?😂

Lol, just saw/watched this… “obviously don’t buy it for the performance…”. LOL
So spend $3, 4, 500 for the sound and only 0.1 second improvement...?😂
I bought it for the sound and extra filter capacity. Living/working in the country takes a toll on the air filter.

I don't believe in all the hype of a filter giving horsepower, unless it's plugged or very undersized. Now the replacement tube, compared to oem, I was thinking could be a gain.

Now the replacement tube, compared to oem, I was thinking could be a gain.
It looks like the one tube was good for around 0.03s and open up the air box plug was good for 0.07s. Grand total 0.1s improvement.

Why not just have a couple spare OEM air filters on hand and change them out a little more frequently? They appear to be pretty cheap at around $20-25 on RA from the looks of it. I like that it’s a quieter diesel, I don’t need/like a loud rattle.

Last edited:
Nowadays, OEMs are trying to make their engines as efficient as possible. I haven't seen any modern vehicle's intake getting better efficiency by replacing the intake.

Man, I remember as a teenager on my old iron when I would flip the air filter lid. Back then, efficiency was not the word of the day.

I just ordered the S&B filter and the PPE resonator delete on Monday. I spent $500. I have done all of the research, I know that there is little to no gain. I ordered it because I want to hear my turbo to whistle like The Andy Griffith Show theme song. I bought a diesel, I want it to sound like a diesel.

I just ordered and rec'd the PPE kit with resonator delete and silicone tubes and bought the AFE wet intake. AFE intake was on backorder.

I know this combo won't improve HP much if any, but I really liked the fact that you're replacing flimsy rubber tubes with larger silicone that will last a lifetime. Plus the additional flow from the intake has the potential to spool the turbo faster, make power faster and reduce EGT's. I figure when Banks finally releases the Derringer tuner these mods will be supportive to the tune and it should make it powerful/fast spooling as possible.

I've considered the PPE 4" exhaust as well, but until it's tuned it won't make a difference so I'll wait. I do like the way the exhaust sounds when it's doing a regen, very deep and growly...so maybe the 4" PPE exhaust will make it sound like that all the time?

Either way, I had some warranty work done to my diesel and they gave me a '19 Silverado with the 5.3....I miss the HP from gas, but I LOVE to TQ of the Diesel. Not much power at 65 mph when you're going to pass on the hwy. If Banks can improve the HP it'll be a badass truck!

Back