Lots of issues with truck

glenR

Jun 29, 2020
Anyone have problems with check engine light, have had front air shutters replaced 10 days, worked for a while, about 800 miles, engine light again, no related codes, cleared, back to dealer , fans running wide open in 25 degree weather, temp gage not even registering. 9days in shop, short in wiring harness probably be several more days, they are going to do an "overlay" bypass the short by jumping wire around it. 13,700 miles on it probably another few days in shop yet. Other things, raido quits sometimes, works next day. air bag service needed warning several times 6 or so, also passenger bag warning, couple times. Map light came on while driving drivers side.
Will send more details , pictures later. 2020 GMC Denali 3.0 crew cab

Good Lord man I feel your pain my truck along with a lot of others has been great, that sounds like a lemon law case to me ? Definitely a wiring nightmare has the dealership been providing you with transportation? Hmmm I’ve never quite heard of a dealership doing bypass surgery on a new vehicle they should replace the questionable harness .

Sure sounds like the ecu/ground issue a handful of the Silverado’s have been plagued with. The trailboss Facebook page has countless stories of those type of symptoms.

I have not had issues yet, I proactively checked the bolts, when I first heard of the issue. Got a good 3 turns out of them.

What was the issue with the shutters?

Remote started my truck while taking out my dog yesterday. It was -2 degrees in MN. Radiator fan came on and it ran for the entire 30 min my truck was on. Shut off for an hour and drove home...same issue. Went out this morning (block heater plugged in) and started truck again, fan kicked on again right away. let it run 10 min before driving for 30 min. Truck never warmed up pat about 180-190 and usually runs at 210 mark with slight fluctuation. Parked it in my dad’s heated shop overnight here. Hopefully a good thaw will help me figure it out (it’s supposed to be -7f tonight). Good thing I kept my dependable 2011 Rav 4.

Did you have your block heater plugged in the first time as well? Sounds similar to the issue I encountered if so. I just posted about this in another thread but here's a link I found: https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12389
So that worked perfect! Thanks! It said to leave truck shut off for 6 hours. I parked it overnight in my dad’s heated shop. It just fired up normal, without the radiator fan blasting! I appreciate your response.

So that worked perfect! Thanks! It said to leave truck shut off for 6 hours. I parked it overnight in my dad’s heated shop. It just fired up normal, without the radiator fan blasting! I appreciate your response.
I read there is some software issue with remote starting and it being plugged in. Others have reported issues and gm is supposedly working on it. But it was on the internet, so it must be true.

I haven't had any issues and I have it plugged in if it's going to be under 40°F. But I haven't remotely started it. Don't know if that feature even works. Remote hasn't been out of the center console.

Anyone have a diagram or location drawing of the grounds that need checked ??
I have not heard of any problems with the grounding system.

There is a TSB on the bolts for the underhood fuse panel.

My truck is not included in the tsb, but the bolts were loose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-074504_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-074504_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Underhood fuse panel2.pdf
    337.3 KB · Views: 14
Anyone have problems with check engine light, have had front air shutters replaced 10 days, worked for a while, about 800 miles, engine light again, no related codes, cleared, back to dealer , fans running wide open in 25 degree weather, temp gage not even registering. 9days in shop, short in wiring harness probably be several more days, they are going to do an "overlay" bypass the short by jumping wire around it. 13,700 miles on it probably another few days in shop yet. Other things, raido quits sometimes, works next day. air bag service needed warning several times 6 or so, also passenger bag warning, couple times. Map light came on while driving drivers side.
Will send more details , pictures later. 2020 GMC Denali 3.0 crew cab
Probably a bad or loose ground connection somewhere.

Back