Next Generation Apple CarPlay

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
It's sad to see GM is not on this list (yet). Ironically, they faced a lot of backlash over the past few weeks when GM announced they would phase out Apple CarPlay in future EV's and roll their own system. I'm hoping they have noticed the customer base was pretty unhappy over that position and see CarPlay is a vital part of a persons decision of buying a new vehicle.

I know we all are gear heads here, but the integration is so tight on Car Play and much, much faster then anything I've used in GM's head units. Heck, the new OS/System as found in the Tahoe's (and refreshed pickups) my wife owns is so slow and buggy it's not even used.. she just uses CarPlay instead of the built in Google Maps.

Either way, a lot of big names on this list:

The new features look great!

Don’t want to start a flame war but I find Android systems to be buggy. I wish they would just offer both CarPlay and Android Auto and let their customers decide. Problem is they see Google as a way to extract a monthly fee going forward. I wont buy any car or truck that does not offer Apple Car Play. I am a Toyota fan and would not buy a new Toyota until they offered CarPlay. They finally realized that they were costing themselves customers, lets hope GM is smarter than that and they realize they should offer both.

Don’t want to start a flame war but I find Android systems to be buggy. I wish they would just offer both CarPlay and Android Auto and let their customers decide. Problem is they see Google as a way to extract a monthly fee going forward. I wont buy any car or truck that does not offer Apple Car Play. I am a Toyota fan and would not buy a new Toyota until they offered CarPlay. They finally realized that they were costing themselves customers, lets hope GM is smarter than that and they realize they should offer both.
I agree with everything you said. GM really thinks they can built a OS to compete.. I have my doubts.

When my wife got a 2020 Toyota Highlander I connected my Samsung phone and email/sms messages just started showing up. I could 'speak' to the nav system and it worked flawlessly. The next year I bought my 2021 GMC Denali 1500. What a disappointment in this area. Now I have to pull over and type destinations on the keyboard. Overall I love my truck but in this area, GMC should just license from Toyota.

When my wife got a 2020 Toyota Highlander I connected my Samsung phone and email/sms messages just started showing up. I could 'speak' to the nav system and it worked flawlessly. The next year I bought my 2021 GMC Denali 1500. What a disappointment in this area. Now I have to pull over and type destinations on the keyboard. Overall I love my truck but in this area, GMC should just license from Toyota.
I don't have an Android, but can you not use Google Assistant to do things ?

If you buckle the drinker side seat belt, you will have the option to type on the infotainment screen, from the driver side seat. Works on my 21 1500 and my 22&23 hd's.

I'm not condoning not wearing a belt, but I use these. My dog will make the seat belt alarm go off.

20210705_075429.jpg

Back