Oil leaks

Tim

Apr 19, 2021
This will be my first complaint, I have a 2020 1500 rst. I have had nothing but problems with it sense I bought it. It’s been in the shop 8 plus times. Each time has been different. This week I took it in because the turbo has a oil leak and I was told that is common lol. 30k and its common.
it also leak allot of oil 1 quart every 2000. I wasn’t aware and heard the click in the engine, like a gasser makes when the lifters are going bad but it’s a Diesel they make noises right not this kinda noise. This is my fourth diesel so its not new. Checked the oil and there is none, almost three quarts later after I found someone that stocked it, we are on the road. Now I being told that they burn up a quart every 2000. Lol BS
So I bought a 58000$ dollar high maintenance truck in Montana. So if I’m going in the mountains I not only need to be prepared for conditions I need to make sure I don’t run out of oil at 2000 miles. Without warranty this engine is a money pit!! Sorry but I thought this would be a great truck for as much traveling as I do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Hey Tim.. sorry to hear of your troubles. I've found with most manufactures the dealer make or break the brand. It sounds like your dealer is very uneducated around this motor and really isn't trying to help. Have you contacted GM and opened a customer case ? Sounds like your a prime candidate for a buy back. Keep us updated on how this progresses.

Back