Popped a couple DTC’s today 🙄

HalfMax

Mar 3, 2022
P1488 and P2C7A…. First one is to do with a soot sensor? And the other maybe something about not completing a regen or something but I do 85kms of highway each way to work and back 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m going to call my dealer tomorrow and book it in as it’s on warranty just wondered if anyone else has had either code show up?
Side question how do you add pics and not have them sideways lol

Side question how do you add pics and not have them sideways lol
If it's sideways to begin with, you would have to edit it. When viewing it in Windows, you can right click and select rotate. Do this until it appears correct. However, I have had pics show correctly on the computer but come up sideways in the forum post. Just software weirdness.

No codes but have noticed just yesterday that if you stop and idle it mid-regen, it will stop the regen. And when restarted this morning, the soot load was at ~70%. Once warmed up, it would restart the regen. Didn't notice if it completed the regen since it wasn't a long drive but did notice that soot load % was in the teens when restarted again and didn't restart the regen. Maybe below a certain percentage it doesn't try to completely bring it down to 0%.

If it's sideways to begin with, you would have to edit it. When viewing it in Windows, you can right click and select rotate. Do this until it appears correct. However, I have had pics show correctly on the computer but come up sideways in the forum post. Just software weirdness.

No codes but have noticed just yesterday that if you stop and idle it mid-regen, it will stop the regen. And when restarted this morning, the soot load was at ~70%. Once warmed up, it would restart the regen. Didn't notice if it completed the regen since it wasn't a long drive but did notice that soot load % was in the teens when restarted again and didn't restart the regen. Maybe below a certain percentage it doesn't try to completely bring it down to 0%.
The pics I’m trying to add from my iPhone and are straight on my phone but when they load they’re sideways I tried preemptively turning them counter sideways in my phone but that did nothing haha.
How are you monitoring the regen and soot status?

I have an updated Scangauge II and have the soot load % and regen status. Also added the oil and tranny temps.

I have an updated Scangauge II and have the soot load % and regen status. Also added the oil and tranny temps.
Handy! Would be nice to be able to see a regen is almost finished when you get somewhere and maybe take the long way so it can finish!

Very likely your P2C7A code issue (as well as the P1488 code it is throwing):

Ya I was reading some of that. Mine was off the next morning and hasn’t come back so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mine set this code at just over 1700 miles. It went away but was back a few days later. Took it in and the diagnosis was the catalytic converter. they replaced that and so far no further issues. Little concerning it needed replacement so early but hope that solves it long term.

Mine set this code at just over 1700 miles. It went away but was back a few days later. Took it in and the diagnosis was the catalytic converter. they replaced that and so far no further issues. Little concerning it needed replacement so early but hope that solves it long term.
It’s awfully aggravating that we can’t delete these trucks and get rid of all that BS

Unfortunately one week later and the same code is back. :(
Hopefully the second trip to the dealer will get it corrected…

Back