Scangauge II

A1fromday1

Dec 30, 2021
Anyone used the Scangauge 2 on their truck? Want something to show percent to regen without paying $300 for a Banks idash. If you have one what do you think of it?
P.S. picked up a used Sierra with 9k and now have almost 13k. Truck is great so far, just need to wait til summer to see how it does with the camper. Coming from a 13 Sierra 2500 with the 6L gas.

I have a scan gauge 2 I am also curious if it works I sent them a message asking them I will post here if I hear anything back from them.

Does the SGII have a pid for the regen? I have one but haven't tried it in the truck yet.

As another alternative, anyone that used a OBD2 scanner and Torque pro what did they think? Doesn't seem as nice having to start the app on your phone everytime but maybe it's not so bad. Any recommendations on a reader to get to work with the app? I did see the post about getting it on the trucks screen but for the price of those adapters I might as well buy the idash.

Here's a topic started by CompuDragon...

Nice thing with a AI box is you can watch youtube while the wife is in the store, unlike the Banks idash. Can read and clear codes as well.

Tried out my ScanGauge II in the Sierra and it basically works reporting the normal readings. Checking on their website, it does work with the the 2.8L LWN Duramax and the 6.6 L5P Duramax so I figure it would probably work with my 3.0L LM2. But I would need the latest firmware for it to work to report the diesel related stuff like the DPF regen. For $25USD + my shipping it to them ($27CAD), I am getting it updated. Worse part is finding a spot to mount it. Will report back once I get it back.

Well I splurged and bought the idash. Funny thing that just happened with it, I got my last onstar diagnostic report and it couldn't give me any of the diagnostic information. It says "we are unable to successfully complete a diagnostic test. The issue may be caused by an aftermarket device plugged into your vehicles diagnostic port".
I don't pay for onstar, just have the free stuff they provided. Anyone else have this with things plugged into their obd2 port?

Well I splurged and bought the idash. Funny thing that just happened with it, I got my last onstar diagnostic report and it couldn't give me any of the diagnostic information. It says "we are unable to successfully complete a diagnostic test. The issue may be caused by an aftermarket device plugged into your vehicles diagnostic port".
I don't pay for onstar, just have the free stuff they provided. Anyone else have this with things plugged into their obd2 port?
I have the idash on my 22 LM2. I have not noticed any issues but have seen issues where only one device can be on the bus at a time in prior vehicles. Like the package and the information other than I have found that several of the PIDs are not available on the current idash firmware with the LM2 in refresh 22 models. Support is supposedly working on an update.

idash update was available earlier this week and seems to have addressed items like Regen status not being available.
I received the diagnostic email from onstar today with idash connected.

Last edited:
idash update was available earlier this week and seems to have addresses items like Regen status not being available.
I received the diagnostic email from onstar today with idash connected.
I'll have to watch for the next onstar email and see if it happens again. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Well it happened again on the next onstart diagnostic email. I'll try to call Banks and see what their thoughts are. Not a real big deal but a little wierd why it's happening to me but others have things plugged in and don't have the trouble.

Yea that's interesting. I know this is not uncommon though, as folks who had plug and play devices like this even on the 6.6 it would throw off that onstar email.

Called banks and they said it's a known thing and in their support materials. Haven't verified that but their only suggestion was to unplug it when it's going to run the tests. Problem is I never know when onstar is going to do that. The emails haven't been on the same day every month. I guess it's a little annoyance but I like the gauge more then what I get from the onstar emails so I'll just have to deal with it.

Back