Toyota Drivers to Pay $80/yr to Get Remote Connect Service Allowing Owners to Start Their Car with Their Key Fob

Mooseman

Oct 19, 2021

Have a 2018+ Toyota and want to use your remote start? You'll have to pay for that privilege. Just another example of car makers trying to suck more money out of our pockets. With all the tech in our trucks, I can see this happening. Do you like the heated seats and steering wheel? Pay for it. Want Android Auto/Car Play to work? Pay for it. Like Bluetooth? Pay for it. Would you like the engine to start? Pay for it.

Car makers are trying to get into the subscription money grabbing craze. I can understand extra services like OnStar and SiriusXM but to make you pay for something that's already in your vehicle is just downright greedy.

This is the subscription service market they want to get in to. Software subscription is huge $$ makers for companies!

BMW tried this for Apply CarPlay, and of course owners simply refused to do it. I do feel like remote access is a luxury.. GM use to give you basic features for free but now you have to pay to use it.

Back