Where to get engine oil in Saskatchewan

LM2 High Country

Sep 2, 2020
Hey folks, where are you guys finding oil for these trucks? I stopped at Wheaton GM in Saskatoon they want $18/L there! Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
It's gonna be expensive wherever you go. I found it at a local parts store (Benson's) for $16/qt (they're just 0.946 Liters!). Forget Amazon.ca, not available there. They have a kit listed but has always been unavailable.

Check for a parts store that sells ACDelco. Might be able to get a better price there. And check if they have a discount for your employer, military, etc. if they have an account with them.

Ok thanks, ya I tried my local parts hound here too, he struck out everywhere but nearest GM dealer he then added 15% to the price I got from them! Yup $20.50/L.

So what is $20.50can in usd? And a liter is smaller than a quart, correct?

According to xe.com, it's $16.18USD.

A liter is larger than a quart but they are selling it here in quarts, which is 0.946L.

These guys ship to Canada...

Prices are a little more reasonable EXCEPT that the shipping is $37.69USD and they ship via UPS, which will also add ton of extra duty and fees, even if the value is below the threshold for charging taxes. total for their kit is $106.58USD ($135.13CAD) not including UPS' bullshit fees.

RockAuto has a better deal. They have the quarts at $7.24CAD each and PF66 filter for $5.09CAD. You pay taxes upfront to them so no extra fees. Delivery by Fedex is $28.12CAD. Use a 5% discount code that you can find anywhere and the grand total comes to $91.64CAD delivered to your door. I plan on ordering this when the time comes.

Thanks for the info guys. Hey Mooseman that’s a good find! I ended up grinding the dealership down to $15.00/L but your deal is better yet.

Hey folks, where are you guys finding oil for these trucks? I stopped at Wheaton GM in Saskatoon they want $18/L there! Thanks for any info.
Hi LM2HC, I’m new to the site but it looked like it might be a good site to get some info on these 3.0 baby Dmax’s so I signed up.

I’m up in Canada as well and found the best place to get parts, etc is Rock Auto. I just had 8 qts of oil and filter sent up and it was like $97 CDN total including shipping to my door. I called the GM dealer and the guy said he could give me a deal at $20 CDN. Lol, yea some deal. I think RA was like $7.20 CDN/qt, oil filter was $5.20 CDN.

Dealers are hosing us up here in the great white nord!

Last edited:
Thanks H82looz ya that seems like the go-to place to order from. Definitely cheaper than I got fleeced! Ha, like Mooseman said, next time!

Yea, I missed his portion of the post about RA, lol. D’oh! Need to read the replies a little closer. At least the prices were similar...:)

I already ordered all mine ahead of the next change. With an extra 2 qt, came to $114CAD. We are getting so hosed up here it's not even funny.

Back