1000000 miles

CompuDragon

Jan 11, 2021
iu

who will be the first to hit 100k or even a million miles i know of three local 6.6 Duramax's that are over a million miles can the 3.0 go that far? will the technology be usurped before it has a chance? will GM sell out for there electric truck? will the truck fall apart around the engine? will Ted marry Alice? tune in next week on as the diesel turns.

Not without replacing the oil pump belt 6-7 times and probably 2-3 tranny rebuilds. Would be nice if it did follow in its big brother's footsteps. Since I'm now retired and don't travel for work anymore, I'm not racking up as many km as I used to so not likely. The wife is also working from home now so even our second vehicle is parked most of the time.

Still a fairly young engine so no long term data yet. Some early factory defects like rear main oil seals and the damaged cam sensor rings.

I am currently at 65k on my 2020 GMC 3.0l. I have been so happy that I went with the 3.0l over the 5.3 gas. I haven’t touch the second trip meter since I bought it new and my MPG has been holding at 25.8 on the gauge.

I am currently at 65k on my 2020 GMC 3.0l. I have been so happy that I went with the 3.0l over the 5.3 gas. I haven’t touch the second trip meter since I bought it new and my MPG has been holding at 25.8 on the gauge.

Oh wow! You're probably our highest mileage guy here!

I love the MPG of these engines. I'm not quite as good as you guys. My last fill after a 450km highway drive was 22.4 MPG. I was getting 24 MPG before mixed highway and city. I was going between 120 and 125 km/h (75-78 MPH) and I mostly let cruise control do the work. I'm also not easy on the throttle.

Back