2021 3.0 Duramax Finally getting a new motor after 6 weeks at the dealer

blakesbar

Aug 18, 2022
31,000 mile and lost all compression in 2 cylinders. Fianally got the okay for a brand new motor, but was told 5-6 weeks before it will arrive.

Welcome to the forum.. any specifics about the usage? Do you tow a lot, what happen when it let go? Just a power down? etc..

Welcome to the forum.. any specifics about the usage? Do you tow a lot, what happen when it let go? Just a power down? etc..
Only towed with it a few times. Was running fine and then all of a sudden at idel it would barely stay running. Threw multiple codes. My understanding is it was caused by the lifters. There is a bulliten that states all trucks built before 3-12-21 were built with bad lifters.

Only towed with it a few times. Was running fine and then all of a sudden at idel it would barely stay running. Threw multiple codes. My understanding is it was caused by the lifters. There is a bulliten that states all trucks built before 3-12-21 were built with bad lifters.
Anyway possible to get that bulletin number for us? I'd be curious to see the specifics around that.

Back