2021 Sierra Denali 3.0

gac565s

Dec 7, 2023
- My local GMC & Chevy dealerships have not experienced this issue with other cutomers, so here I am. My driver side rear view mirror makes an incredibly annoying "whistle" sound when driving 70+ mph OR if it is extremely windy on the highway. When I fold the mirrors in, it goes away. Anyone else experienced this? I know, random.

Have not heard of that problem yet. Have you tried changing the glass angle while it's whistling?

Maybe try painters tape over the gaps on the body of the mirror and try to narrow it down.

Any bug deflator on the hood? Window vent visors?

What happens if you crack the window down an inch or two?

Have not heard of that problem yet. Have you tried changing the glass angle while it's whistling?

Maybe try painters tape over the gaps on the body of the mirror and try to narrow it down.

Any bug deflator on the hood? Window vent visors?

What happens if you crack the window down an inch or two?
Thank you for the welcome @gemarsh! Yes, I have tried a few different options that help temporarily, including tape. I have tried twisting pip-cleaners and gently wrapping them around the gap between the arm and mirror. I do not have a bug deflector or window visors. Cracking the window doesn't seem to do much except introduce more noise, lol. I appreciate the response!

Do the mirrors have the forward facing lights? Maybe try taping them off. Man, I'm out of ideas to try to figure out the noise.

Back