Anyone tried buying a new GM lately?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
I say GM, but it might be all brands.. but here me out..

I've been looking for my wife a new Tahoe. It seems every dealer out there that gets them are marking them up and it sure seems like people are paying that!

Who pays 5K or even 7500K over MSRP on something that is going to lose money as soon as you drive it off the lot?

Ohhh... and these people:

Called first thing said yep it's still here.. I call back 20 mins later asking for picture and oh sorry, a guy just paid 5K over sticker.. great! They call me back 1 hour later, sorry sir, he wanted the gray one instead. I said ok, give me the cost sheet.. they send it and of course they tack on $2K for market (Assessed Market Value).

I've come to realize that dealers are the SCUM of the earth.

found a twin to my truck 9k miles just like mine and everything matched. used price was 10K more than i paid new last Christmas. second point i am hearing from scum that is very offended being compared to dealerships just fyi. and last anyone who wants/needs a vehicle would do good to check out this site

tons of great info from a 40yr sales manager

hope that helps someone

I used a lot of info from YAA that helped me with my purchase and I still follow them. They have tons on videos and keep posting updates regarding this and other news in the industry. Apparently a new thing has been that you MUST finance it with them. No cash, no outside financing, nada. Reason is because they make a profit from the financing.

And also found out that dealers also sometimes increase the APR% rate above what the bank approved so you have to ask to see the bank's buy rate. It's basically pure profit for them. Yeah, they're that scummy.

If buying a new vehicle, do yourself a favour and binge watch all their videos. Their site also has tools to help with market prices and will even be with you on a phone call while in the F&I office to negotiate when you have a paid membership. I couldn't use them because I'm in Canada but the info alone was well worth it.

Back