Bilstein 5100 Shocks Installed on LM2 / RST Silverado

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
I finally bit the bullet this week and installed the bilstein 5100's all around on my RST trim truck. I set the front at 2" ( 1 down from max ) and then put in a 1" rear block to help the overall stance. Overall I'm pleased. I still have the stock size tires on the truck..

I'm going to debate a 275/65/20 vs 285/65/20 over the next few weeks then likely order a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3s to replace these duratracs.

Part #'s: 24-293297 & 24-309516

truckRST.jpg

Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet this week and installed the bilstein 5100's all around on my RST trim truck. I set the front at 2" ( 1 down from max ) and then put in a 1" rear block to help the overall stance. Overall I'm pleased. I still have the stock size tires on the truck..

I'm going to debate a 275/65/20 vs 285/65/20 over the next few weeks then likely order a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3s to replace these duratracs.

View attachment 916
Please keep us informed on how it handles with the new shocks. I have been thinking about doing this due to way my rig handles on rough and washboard roads. I have had 3/4 tons handle better on the same roads. I have the Z71 package.

Lookin good. I am actually having those put on tomorrow morning. Asked for the same position #5. I'm not doing a block but I have the Roadmaster active suspension in the back and that lifted it a little so it should have a slight rake still when finished. I was going to try to stay with the Ranchos in the back but we'll see.

Lookin good. I am actually having those put on tomorrow morning. Asked for the same position #5. I'm not doing a block but I have the Roadmaster active suspension in the back and that lifted it a little so it should have a slight rake still when finished. I was going to try to stay with the Ranchos in the back but we'll see.
How do you like the Roadmaster? Does anyone else have opinions on them?

I like the Roadmaster. I didn't want to deal with bags airing them up and down and didn't want to try to mount a compressor somewhere. These gave me enough for what I was looking for and had the added benefit of stiffening up the rear a little unloaded to help out the Ranchos. Still may swap them out for Bilsteins though.
Got it back today and so far I'm liking them. It now sits about an inch low in the front which was just what I wanted. The short ride I had with it they felt good and looking over the hood now feels like a truck again.

Update.. I'm loving the stance of the truck. The ride is noticeable from a point of view of the rear bounce as most everyone notices. Overall, I'm very pleased and would do it again 100%.

In fact, I should have done it the first week. :D

Update.. I've got close to/around 1000 miles on the setup and so far so good. Rides well, overall the truck does feel more planted. I would do it again 100% just for the looks alone honestly...

I would totally agree. The looks are 100% better and I prefer the ride better. Maybe not the best comparison but like comparing a Buick to a Pontiac. If you like the softness of a Buick, keep the Ranchos. If you prefer the sportier ride of a Pontiac, go get the Bilsteins. Neither are terribly bad, just a matter of preference. I'll try to attach some before and after pics. It was not washed at the time so ignore the dirtyness 😀. Won't let me add two so here is before.

Attachments

• 20230322_163630.jpg
    20230322_163630.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 3
How do you like the Roadmaster? Does anyone else have opinions on them?
I've had them on my 23 truck and overall love them so far. Been on about a month now. Ride feels same as before. Bought them for towing our Toy hauler trailer. Once on, what a difference it was towing.

I've had them on my 23 truck and overall love them so far. Been on about a month now. Ride feels same as before. Bought them for towing our Toy hauler trailer. Once on, what a difference it was towing.
Welcome to the site!

Part #'s: 24-293297 & 24-309516

View attachment 916
I have a 2021 RST 3.0 4 door, my tires are 275/60/R20, did you go for the 285/65/R20? just wondering how they fit? i have 36 k and Duratracs about done now

Oddly enough I'm using a set of FREE (yes free) factory Duratrac takeoffs from a Trail Boss. I'm undecided yet on a size as I'm afraid 285/65/20 will be to much. But these duratracs are the loudest tires I've ever own, so I can't wait to get more Falkens.

Back