Block heater

Tom

Oct 12, 2021
Can anyone tell me where the location to plug into the block heater. 2020 GMC

Gently pry up where pocket screwdriver is and it will pop out and hit the ground. Don't know how many times it can be removed in its life. Once removed for the season, I stash it in the rear seat backrest cubby. Along with the spare power cable, if'n I will be somewhere cross country, I will have a cord.

glad you could join us have heard reports that the plug should only be used when it is really cold and even though last night it got down to 70 i have never used mine.

Thanks gemarsh I will be using this from now till March. To bad they don’t have a cover for it to keep road debris and dirt away from pins.

Thanks gemarsh I will be using this from now till March. To bad they don’t have a cover for it to keep road debris and dirt away from pins.
When you find it, it has a spring loaded cover for the pins. I just held it open for the picture.

glad you could join us have heard reports that the plug should only be used when it is really cold and even though last night it got down to 70 i have never used mine.
Don't believe CompuDragon, I think he forgot about last winter, when Texas stole Nebraska electricity! 😃

He is true about cases where if it's plugged in above 0°, it causes the cooling fans to ramp up to fullspeed when started, until it has gone thru a cold soak or sat for 6 hours.

I leave mine plugged in, on a timer, everynight, when the cold comes. It will sometimes be 40°, and I've never had issues.

I should clarify on the timer, I don't use those cheap chinizium Christmas light timers.

I rig these timers up for my farm equipment block heaters. I take a 12ga cold weather cord and cut 3' off on the male end and wire into timer and then the other 50/100' female end gets wired into the timer.20161212_184536.jpg

Back