Christmas tree dash after jumping another vehicle

redtick

Aug 23, 2023
I used my 2020 1500 diesel to jump another vehicle. There were no prior issues. When I got into my cab, my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree. My ABS, traction control, def and a plethora of other lights and notifications were on. The notifications that stood out the most was the low power to engine and the max 60 mph after 99 miles warning. I drove the truck 1 time after that with no issues other than the lights and notifications. This morning I start it to take it to the shop for a scan. It dies half way down the driveway. It restarts immediately but I am afraid of getting onto a busy road. What happened and where do I start to trouble shoot? Thank you

I would start by unhooking the battery for a good 1 hour or so. Then hook back up and see how things stand. A good reset might just fix it.. otherwise, I'm assuming you didn't arc anything right ? I can't say I've had any issues jumping off a vehicle yet.

I would start by unhooking the battery for a good 1 hour or so. Then hook back up and see how things stand. A good reset might just fix it.. otherwise, I'm assuming you didn't arc anything right ? I can't say I've had any issues jumping off a vehicle yet.
I have tried disconnecting the negative terminal twice for about an hour each time but no change. Would it make a difference if I disconnected both +/- for an hour or more?

I have tried disconnecting the negative terminal twice for about an hour each time but no change. Would it make a difference if I disconnected both +/- for an hour or more?
Also, no arcing that I witnessed.

Back