Drain plug valve...

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
I would like to give a positive rating on this ValvoMax drain valve, for the DIY'ers.

Just used it for it's intended purpose yesterday for the first time. Yes, you have to keep track of the drain hose adapter. I cleaned it with aresol brake clean, zipped in a baggie, stored in the rear under seat storage.

It does not hang down, to be caught by corn stalks or rocks.

It does make for a cleaner drain and tool-less oil change, but that little LM2 oil filter sure makes a mess. Atleast it is vertical to the ground.

Attachments

• drain plug.jpg
    drain plug.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 16
  • drain plug2.jpg
    drain plug2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
  • drain plug3.jpg
    drain plug3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: EMO
I like this because it doesn't hang down like you mentioned. Thanks for posting!!

I have always used a Stahlbus oil change valve. Used them on my last 3 vehicles. I just now finished writing Stahlbus USA an email complaining about how my current Stahlbus constantly leaks from the ball valve. Getting pretty tired of oil drips in the garage and driveway - especially for a new truck with 11000 miles on it. I don't know if it leaks because of higher engine pressures from the 3.0 Duramax, but my previous 2 valves on gas engines never leaked. I will either go back to a Fumoto, or the OEM drain bolt on my next oil change. Perhaps look into the ValvoMax valve? We'll see what Stahlbus' response is...

Just as an update. I emailed Stahlbus through their website to let them know of my dissatisfaction with my leaking oil change valve. On the next business day I recieved a call from the owner of the company and he told me he hates to have unhappy customers and will be sending me a new valve. He did ask if I would return the old one which of course, I will do. Who said customer service is dead....?

Just as an update. I emailed Stahlbus through their website to let them know of my dissatisfaction with my leaking oil change valve. On the next business day I recieved a call from the owner of the company and he told me he hates to have unhappy customers and will be sending me a new valve. He did ask if I would return the old one which of course, I will do. Who said customer service is dead....?
Glad to hear!

Update: I replaced the drain plug with the new one that was sent to me. So far, no more leaks!
Update It's been a couple of weeks and a few hunred miles. Still no leaks.

Last edited:
Back