Duromax 3.0 start issue.

Buckwheat

Sep 19, 2021
My first issue with our 2021 3.0 duromax Denali 1500. Went to start engine and engine turned over for approximately 1 minute without starting. It appeared the fuel pump did not start on call to run. When the engine did not start I tried to shut down the engine and could not stop the start sequence. It stopped itself after approx. 1 minute. After approximately 2/3 minutes we tried for a restart. Engine started as normal with no issues....

Fuel pump or software glitch???
ANY ONE HAVE THIS HAPPEN.

...It appeared the fuel pump did not start on call to run...
Why did you type this?

I am so accustomed to hearing the fuel pump prime when I open the door, I never hear it anymore. I have a 21, built in the 4th qtr of 20. I have not had a ECNS (extended crank, no start) an acronym I made up last week.😔

Did you actually NOT hear the pump prime in this instance? That would be great news.

Even though I'm not one of the infected (yet???) I have been trying to diagnose this problem. There have been reports of camshaft trigger wheels being bent during assembly, replaced, and not solving the issue. Reports of emc reflashing, and not solving the issue. Now they are shiming the camshaft sensor farther away from the trigger wheel.

This just doesn't make sense as it being a hardware issue, as from what I understand, there has not been a second ECNS after the initial crank procedure.

I feel it will be a software issue not triggering the pump to prime. In my limited diagnoses capabilities, there is a built in delay after a remote crank is commanded from the app and the fob. I can actually stand by the truck in the shop and hear the pump prime everytime.

There is a hardware item that might be over looked. There could be a bad batch of them out there. Could be gm is using the cheapest vender for them. Quality control might be lacking once we started backup (somewhat).

There is a $6 ignition relay (13500114) that could be the culprit. There is also a $5 ignition starter relay. I haven't pulled that one to see what it controls. But the 13500114, once pulled, the fuel pump will not run.

I have not read one report on a $6 relay being replaced, but they will pull a damn cab off a new 70k truck?

I will now crawl back into the woodwork...

PS...durAmax

Sorry, where are my manners?

WELCOME!

so now we find out gemarsh has a 4/20 truck and we all know about 420 you are probably getting tons of errors but the truck forgets to tell the computer.

Why did you type this?

I am so accustomed to hearing the fuel pump prime when I open the door, I never hear it anymore. I have a 21, built in the 4th qtr of 20. I have not had a ECNS (extended crank, no start) an acronym I made up last week.😔

Did you actually NOT hear the pump prime in this instance? That would be great news.

Even though I'm not one of the infected (yet???) I have been trying to diagnose this problem. There have been reports of camshaft trigger wheels being bent during assembly, replaced, and not solving the issue. Reports of emc reflashing, and not solving the issue. Now they are shiming the camshaft sensor farther away from the trigger wheel.

This just doesn't make sense as it being a hardware issue, as from what I understand, there has not been a second ECNS after the initial crank procedure.

I feel it will be a software issue not triggering the pump to prime. In my limited diagnoses capabilities, there is a built in delay after a remote crank is commanded from the app and the fob. I can actually stand by the truck in the shop and hear the pump prime everytime.

There is a hardware item that might be over looked. There could be a bad batch of them out there. Could be gm is using the cheapest vender for them. Quality control might be lacking once we started backup (somewhat).

There is a $6 ignition relay (13500114) that could be the culprit. There is also a $5 ignition starter relay. I haven't pulled that one to see what it controls. But the 13500114, once pulled, the fuel pump will not run.

I have not read one report on a $6 relay being replaced, but they will pull a damn cab off a new 70k truck?

I will now crawl back into the woodwork...

PS...durAmax
It has happened to my 2021 1500 3-4 times. Once it did it twice in a row!!

Back