Electric Silverado Truck

I also see the hummer ev doors in it. No word on battery mileage.

That I95 fiasco over the weekend would have been worse if the strandize only had a battery to keep warm with, overnight in the vehicles.

I want to be a fan of ev, but until someone comes up with a 5 minute full charge station, I will keep with my 30 minute fly time drone for ev vehicles.

I hear those EV's with only the heater running can run a LONG time (since you're not powering a motor).. but that's just one side of the argument. I do understand in those instances you can't simply poor fuel from a tank into your truck, so a hope for a quick recovery isn't happening. I like to be prepared, and I would not feel that way driving a EV right now (lack of charging).

I saw they can get 400 miles on a full charge. I gave Chevy my $100 last night for getting my name on the list. Idk if I’ll actually like the way they look when they come out but I’ll have a shot at getting one if I do.

It's an E-Avalanche. It will piss off those that want a real PU to work with. They probably had to do this kind of body for the battery instead of the cab/bed split. It will be popular with the Avalanche fans for the weekend warriors and occasional family couch movers but for those needing real work trucks it might just get a hard pass. Like the original Avalanche, it will be a niche market.

Can they do this?... at 40,000 lbs

Screenshot_20220106-233629_Gallery.jpg

The Tesla went from a range of 350 miles to 32 miles towing up hill that with multi hour stops to recharge the technology just isn't there for traveling. if you drive 300 or less miles a day and can charge every night that might be ok. i think this is a much better solution for short hop use

that video is from 2008 where is this in the USA? a few hundred mile range with a 5 to 10 min recharge of compressed air seems much more viable and safer.

Unless they fill the bed with batteries, towing any significant weight for a distance will be garbage. It won't be feasible to travel with an RV with this. And what about charging at destination? Do you really think that RV parks will allow you to suck up that much power for free? As soon as they see you pull in with an EV, they will charge a premium or even not allow charging if their grid is unable to handle the extra load.

Back