Engine monitor

CompuDragon

Jan 11, 2021
i have seen products that give real time engine data to phone or tablet is anyone using one? which one? do you like it ect. i just got an LM2 equipped Denali for Christmas it is amazing if not overwhelming.

I use OBD adapter from Amazon, and the OBD Fusion App for my iPhone.. there is different adapters and apps out there. This is a pretty common combo.

This is my OBD2 adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Scanner-Android-Diagnostic-Supports/dp/B00WPW6BAE/ref=sr_1_82?crid=239NBQ3YR4OOZ&dchild=1&keywords=obd2+adapter&qid=1610464848&sprefix=obd2+a,aps,169&sr=8-82
BoostN,
I was wondering with the OBD Fusion App, can you monitor the Regen active/not active? I've seen the You Tube video of a guy using torque pro app, but I have an Iphone and am looking for something comparable.
Thanks in advance..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this video show using torque pro and android auto for real time info
my question is can the same thing be achieved with the infotainment system?

That's a great question.. I'm going to try and figure it out.

When you do make a step by step or an add on pack and sell it. could be wrong but i think there would be a lot of interest. i am still picking out a sensor then i will update this thread

I am using torque pro and a OBDLink MX+.

Installed the GM specific pid's. I monitor regen, distance till next regen, exhaust Temps, def useage and soot level all on 1 screen. You can just swipe for different screens you make.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 54
very nice but it brings up another question and i am sure everyone has an opinion the question is

What extra gauges do you find most useful? most useful when towing? thanks to everyone who post

I am using torque pro and a OBDLink MX+.

Installed the GM specific pid's. I monitor regen, distance till next regen, exhaust Temps, def useage and soot level all on 1 screen. You can just swipe for different screens you make.
I have torque pro but not sure how to make the other PIDs show up like soot and regen. Wondering if my OBDII adapter needs to be better or if it is a matter of customization. Thanks.

I am hot and heavy irrigating. When I get a chance, I will post the pids you have to create inside of torque pro. What adapter are you using. I think it's a torque pro programming and not the adapter spec. I could be wrong on the adapter though.

Torque isn't supported/allowed/whatever reason on android auto. Atleast the version of AAuto that is required to run on our trucks/phones.

I tried installing an old apk version of AAuto. It wouldn't work with android 11.

Here are screenshots of the pids you need to create in torque. The first 1 is the pid for how long till next regen. You can name it what you want. I named it Regen Dist.

Screenshot_20210706-105939_Torque.jpgScreenshot_20210706-110047_Torque.jpgSecond screenshot is a yes/no, on/off pid. I named it Regen.

great info thanks and its obvious they don't want free gauges might um distract the driver lol

I have been using a unit called BLUE DRIVER, I have used it at work for some cars, I will have to check into it deeper and mode 6, will post some screenshots soon.

I am sorry for bringing up an old post, but I realized I left 2 pids out of the conversation. 1 is soot level in a percentage. The last one is exhaust temp.

Screenshot_20210706-175135_Torque.jpgScreenshot_20210706-175250_Torque.jpg

Also a updated screen view on the iot radio.
20220731_121607.jpg

Back