Engine shut down timer

So I went into the dealership today to book in for this flash to stop the idle shut down they quoted me between $100-$140 and as I was ready to leave he says he’s had a few people tell him they just leave it in neutral with the park brake on and it doesn’t shut down…. So I am now testing this theory as I work on 3M’ing the hood to see if it works! If so problem solved. 👍👍

Let us know if that works. It sounds promising, if the key fob doesn't need to be "in sight".

While you are experimenting, see if you can lock the doors with the fob, while out of park. Never tried it.

Seems like it works I was outside the vehicle and it stayed running 🤷🏻‍♂️ Next time I have to sleep in it when I get called out to work I’ll try it and see if it stays running with the fob inside but it looks promising.

Let us know if that works. It sounds promising, if the key fob doesn't need to be "in sight".

While you are experimenting, see if you can lock the doors with the fob, while out of park. Never tried it.
Sorry I didn’t see this or try it but the doors did lock when I walked away so I’d assume you can 👍

Back