First Duramax, not first diesel, 2020 chevy rst,

This is not my first diesel either. Had the old Chevy diesel based on the small block Chevy. Had a vacuum pump where the distributor was suppose to be. Head cracking POS. I swore I'd never own another diesel in a pickup. Well, till I test drove the LM2.

Welcome to the club.

Reactions: Tim
This is not my first diesel either. Had the old Chevy diesel based on the small block Chevy. Had a vacuum pump where the distributor was suppose to be. Head cracking POS. I swore I'd never own another diesel in a pickup. Well, till I test drove the LM2.

Welcome to the club.
Man, does that bring back memories! I also had one of the 5.7L diesels in an '80 GMC. These engines were based on the 350 ci. Oldsmobile engine, not the small block Chevy. Mine ran fine to about 70k until the roosa-master pump crapped out. I pulled the diesel and put an Olds 350 in the truck. Direct bolt in.
Apparently I didn't learn my lesson. In 1982 I bought an Olds cutless ciera with a 4.3 diesel.
I finally wised up and bought a '95 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins. Truck was a POS but Cummins was a bully.
Since then I've had three Duramaxs, a 2001 Chevy 6.6, a 2020 Canyon 2.8, and a 2021 Silverado 3.0. Love the Duramaxs!

Its' crazy how far diesels have come throughout the years.

Back