General Observation..

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
It's funny, I own one of these, and obviously this forum...and I have nothing to really complain about. Just took a 400 mile round trip this weekend and not a flaw. I averaged 25.7 MPG overall, with 1/4 of that tank in town local driving. Granted, driving up and dealing with traffic along with the 85+ MPH back (flow with traffic) really is an amazing number for a full size 4x4 truck.

just back from an 1100 mile jaunt averaging 26.2 and best of 37.9 about 8k overall on the odometer and i too feel almost like i am waiting for something to go wrong. i read all the people having trouble and i feel bad for them. i got mine last Christmas and it impresses me almost everyday still.

I feel the same way. Almost 19k miles usually tow at least 100 miles per tank but the few times I haven’t it generally gets 25mpg. Got 28 once and 27 twice though. I think it’s the best truck I’ve ever had

any vehicle you buy i don't care who made it you can get a good one or a bad one the only thing that changes with brand/model is the percentage chance. on the way home last night i passed a broken down 2019 Mercedes and then got passed by a 1972 mustang 2. i am hoping my lm2 is one of those mustang 2 types. we all came to the same conclusion this was the way to go and i wish every unit were perfect but that is not realistic. i hope GM fixes everyone's issues quickly and efficiently and mostly hope as few as possible have any problems. Am i one of the lucky few? Yes and i love my truck but our entire group is a very small percentage i often wonder how these problems break down in the grand scheme. while there are no secrets to keeping problems away from your truck if the price of poultry doesn't come down soon we may have to stop sacrificing chickens to the truck gods.

while there are no secrets to keeping problems away from your truck if the price of poultry doesn't come down soon we may have to stop sacrificing chickens to the truck gods.
You're getting by on chickens?

I got took. I had to use a 17 year old virgin.sacrifice.png

any vehicle you buy i don't care who made it you can get a good one or a bad one the only thing that changes with brand/model is the percentage chance.
I just hope that GM learned from their past mistakes in their new engine designs and has done proper longevity and reliability testing. I'm inspired by the TrailBlazer's 4.2L I6 which had a great history of longevity. I am scared of all the tech in the 3.0L which may wind up costing to repair in the long run. I do most of my own repair work but this may be the one I might say later "I'm getting too old for this shit!".

All GM engines since the 4.2 have been built on the platform of 150,000 miles min, that has not been the case though.
I agree the 4.2 good engine as long as you kept the oil changed, as with most, the 4.2 downfall was the MPG, and the reason it was dropped from the lineup

Back