Hello all,

Insidious

Feb 4, 2022
Just got my first diesel, 2020 Silverado LTZ. Had it a month and Im really loving the fuel mileage so far. I traded in a 2020 TrailBoss with the 5.3 and don’t regret it at all.

Attachments

• 6543AB1F-43D7-414B-8FD4-3279C464C13C.jpeg
    6543AB1F-43D7-414B-8FD4-3279C464C13C.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum! Most that come from the 5.3 love the 3.0.. it's a smooth motor with great fuel mileage.

I’m really surprised at how smooth the motor is and works very well with the 10 speed. In my experience the 5.3 didn’t work as well with the 10 speed, it would hold gears to long or act like it was searching for the right gear. With this truck I barely feel the gears changing.

A little over 5K on my '21 Elevation and I absolutley love the truck. Had the extended crank/no start issue twice, but other than that, flawless. I love how the 10 spd keeps the engine in the torque band, it tows my 5,000 # travel trailer well, and I love the sound of the 3.0. Hoping you have good experiences with it.

I bought this truck used so I’m hoping any issues have already been taken care of by the first owner. I haven’t had a chance to tow anything yet but I know it’ll handle anything I’d hook to it.

Welcome. Thanks for the picture.

Hi and welcome! These are great trucks with this engine. You can ask the dealer for a printout of repairs and maintenance done by them no matter which dealer did it.

Yeah, they gave me a car fax and it showed all the services and maintenance stuff that had been done. Thankfully the first owner kept up with the oil changes because I’m a stickler when it comes to maintenance.
I drove it down to SC today to help a friend pick up two desks. I hauled one and he hauled the other one in his brand new Silverado 2500 HD. Guess which one of us got 28mpg lol.

Yeah, they gave me a car fax and it showed all the services and maintenance stuff that had been done. Thankfully the first owner kept up with the oil changes because I’m a stickler when it comes to maintenance.
I drove it down to SC today to help a friend pick up two desks. I hauled one and he hauled the other one in his brand new Silverado 2500 HD. Guess which one of us got 28mpg lol.

These trucks are awesome in the fuel mileage dept!

Back