Just another oil leak post

cody.brown6

Feb 22, 2022
New here to keep up with the 3.0L . I bought a 2021 back in September with 11k miles on it and 2 weeks after that I had it in the shop for 2 weeks with a rear main seal issue. In December I realized it was leaking oil again and took it back into the shop Jan 5th. They have had it ever since due to parts. Yesterday 2/21/22 they called and said it was done and while on my way to the dealership they called me back and said they test drove it and it and got it back up on the lift to check everything and that they noticed it is still leaking oil. We will see what happens.... going on 2 months straight in the shop now. I really like the truck but this is getting extremely annoying making payments on a truck that I've put 6k miles on since September ( Guess it gets great fuel mileage sitting at the dealership )

Man that totally blows. I keep knocking on wood for mine. You would think that after all these reported and repaired leaks that they would have figured it out by now. I mean like, if it's a defective part, inadequate part of something else that's causing it, like pressure behind the seal, get this fixed!

Keep us updated and try to get answers to the causes.

Weird how they can't get it to seal right? I mean at this point it might be time for GM to take care of you and throw you into a new truck.

Weird how they can't get it to seal right? I mean at this point it might be time for GM to take care of you and throw you into a new truck.
They are saying its not the seal this time but can exactly tell me what it is at this point. They replaced the oil pan and some other stuff is all I could get out of them. I will see when I get the service records once fixed. I wish they would put me into a new truck but all they are doing is wanting me to finance the difference for what mine blue books at and I don't really want to do that. I don't really feel I should have to finance more to get into a truck that works when I bought a truck from them expecting it to work. The dealership is working with GM on either getting me an extended bumper to bumper warranty or payment reimbursement for the time I was out of the truck. Pretty typical getting the be patient answer from GM.

Back