LZ0 with 3,23 vs 3,73 diff

Spitfire65

Aug 6, 2023
Hi guys,
I’m a new member of this forum.
I’m currently a Ram 1500 owner that want to switch for a Sierra/Silverado 1500 equipped with the LZ0 but I can’t seems to find any with a 3,73 diff. The only config available thru GM ordering systems today (at least in Quebec, Canada) is with a 3,23 diff that tows only up to just north of 9000 lbs. I’m looking to upgrade my current 8200 lbs (Ram 1500 with 3,21 diff) to something giving me above 11 000 lbs. Any reasons why the 3,73 is out of the order book?

You can't find them on lots with the max tow package (3.73 rear), you have to order it and that goes for the trailer TPMS sensors too. The sensors are nice because it's another thing out of the cab removing clutter. One thing to note is on the Sierra side you can't get a two speed transfer case but on the High Country you can. So if you're looking a 4X4 just know that.

The 2 speed transfer case is available on the GMC. It's not only a Chevy option.

I honestly thought most trims came with the 2 speed option. I never gave it a thought. If'n you seriously need 4low, ain't no damn computer going to get you there! 😁

This is my '21 carbon pro...
20230819_070542.jpg

Maybe we are confused between the '19-22 limited and the '22- on up refresh.

I have no clue if gm changed the availability of the 2 speed case on the refresh model.

I haven't read any news that the GMC division was restricting the option for certain trims in 22.

Hi,
Thank you for your feed back. I was just informed by my Chevy dealer that i can now order the Silverado 2024 with the 3,73/Duramax LZ0 combo. The Sierra is still not available at this time.

The only issue now is that you can’t order the 2 speed case with the Max towing package (7300 lbs). I’m told that those two options aren’t compatible.

Hi,
Thank you for your feed back. I was just informed by my Chevy dealer that i can now order the Silverado 2024 with the 3,73/Duramax LZ0 combo. The Sierra is still not available at this time.

The only issue now is that you can’t order the 2 speed case with the Max towing package (7300 lbs). I’m told that those two options aren’t compatible.
I'm wondering if it's a torque thing with the diesel. I was told by the dealer if you selected the "NHT" package you could order the two speed on the High Country but not on the Sierra Denali, I don't know if that's true or not.

Back