New 2021 GMC Elevation

NEVADADSL

Aug 17, 2021
Hello. New(er) to the forum and just picked up my new 2021 GMC Sierra Elevation with the 3.0 LM2 yesterday. This is my second diesel as years ago I had a '99 F250 Power Stroke - which was a great truck BTW. But, my, how things have changed in the diesel world from then to now! So I just traded in a 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E which was a fantastic vehicle, but the wife's and my needs have changed as we want to get a bit bigger travel trailer. The Honda did tow my 2017 Lance 1575 but it was a bit of a strain - especially because we live on the eastern slope of the Sierra and all of our camping involved mountain passes. I have to say that I definitely will miss all of the electronic gizmos on the Honda such as adaptive cruise control, proximity sensors, lane assist, etc., but what I will not miss is the constant shifting and high RPM's of that 3.5 v6 - pulling the trailer especially.
Driving home the 45 mins from the dealership yesterday, it was so pleasurable to be driving 75mph at only 1500 rpm's. This LM2 is so smoooooth. I am looking forward to this truck lasting me a long time, and looking forward to a new trailer and towing experience.
Best of luck to all you out there in GM1500diesel land!

Attachments

• new truck pic.jpg
    new truck pic.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum!

Nice truck and an upgrade from the '99 for sure. Keep us updated how you're liking the truck!

Welcome and congratulations on your new truck. You will find that you make sh!t up, just so you can go for a drive.

You do know those gizmos you speak of, are available on gm trucks? Whether one is available is another thing. Sounds like if you can find a new truck now, grab it.

Read some where yesterday, that Honda announced they will be cutting 40% of production across the board.

welcome to the group and now you know why every truck should be built around its engine :)

Welcome and congratulations on your new truck. You will find that you make sh!t up, just so you can go for a drive.

You do know those gizmos you speak of, are available on gm trucks? Whether one is available is another thing. Sounds like if you can find a new truck now, grab it.

Read some where yesterday, that Honda announced they will be cutting 40% of production across the board.
Yeah I know all the electronics are available but I did not want to have to spend an arm AND a leg for all of those conveniences. I already spent an arm for the Elevation package. Besides, the elevation package just looks so good and I am not a fan of chrome. Like any new vehicle I will get used to it.

Last edited:
Back