New Member - purchase my 22, 1500 3.0 back in October 2022.

Ndo-24

Jan 13, 2023
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and happy new year! I go by Fernando, and I just got myself my 22, 1500, 3.0 this past October. Only had 3k on it and I’ve put another 3k since. Love the truck and was worth the wait, since it’s been on my checklist for a few years now. So I recently noticed the keyfob’s vehicle starter won’t start the truck and was wondering if that’s common or if it’s something that simply needs to be reset? I’ve schedule an appointment with my local GMC dealer, so they can take a look at it, but was wondering if anyone here might know what it might be?? Keyfob locks, unlocks, and opens tailgate perfectly fine, but it won’t start the truck. Any pointers before swapping out battery or disconnecting the trucks main battery would be helpful. Thanks once again Gents.

Welcome.

Couple of things. When the battery gets low, a warning should come up on the dic about low battery. Also, I have to hit the lock button and then hit the crank button. If the check engine light is on, I don't know if it will start by the fob. I know it won't using the app.

Thanks for the info and surprisingly, the engine light happens to be on also. I have a feeling it might be something small causing that, but for sure, I’ll check the battery and/or try swapping it out to see if resolves the issue, if not have the dealer verify and find out what’s causing my issue. Thanks once again Gemarsh!

This is from a '21 half ton owners manual. I would get the check engine light cleared before changing the remote battery.
Screenshot_20230114_061633_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_062351_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

This is from a '21 half ton owners manual. I would get the check engine light cleared before changing the remote battery.
View attachment 880

View attachment 881
Surprisingly, my engine light turned off last night and this morning I happen to try out my keyfob to see if that would turn on my truck, and it turned on once again. Kind of odd, since that lasted about 5-6 days with that issue, but it’s gone away now. Wasn’t cleared out, just simply worked itself out. I anticipate on taking it in tomorrow regardless to have it looked at. Thanks for the input.

Back