Garv

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Silverado. About 4000km on it. It was as quiet as a church mouse til this morning. It no sounds like there is something deep inside the Engine trying to get out. Scheduled at Chev dealer tomorrow. No warning lights.

Keep us posted, please!

Will do. This is my 4th Duramax. 09, 13, 19 and now the 3.0. Never had a minutes problem before

As a mechanic years ago, I always said if an engine is going to fail it would be early.

This is a first of me hearing a 3.0 with a bad crankshaft bearing failure.

I hope gm replaces it with a long block. That way the service guy doesn't have to open the engine up and re-use the head.

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed on availability of the engine.

Also, did you drive it in to the service dept? If'n so, you gotta give the 3.0 credit not locking up after it started making internal knocking especially a main bearing.

The main bearing feeds oil to the rod bearing. When the rod locks up, thats when it will probably produce a vented window in the side of the block!

Also, did you drive it in to the service dept? If'n so, you gotta give the 3.0 credit not locking up after it started making internal knocking especially a main bearing.

The main bearing feeds oil to the rod bearing. When the rod locks up, thats when it will probably produce a vented window in the side of the block!
I had it trucked n a flet bed recovery truck . Lookin back in hindsight I should've just drove it as per first service advisor

Trucked to dealer. Really knocking

Back