New truck/new member

HalfMax

Mar 3, 2022
Hey everyone brand new to the forum and just bought a gently used 21 elevation, haven’t even seen it yet and I’m researching lol been a member of many many forums over the years, I’ve previously owned 2 Chevy 6.2s, 2 Chevy 6.5s, 1 duramax (05) 3 dodge cummins (2001, 2006, 2011) and a Chevy transplanted with a cummins, a Jetta tdi, a jeep grande Cherokee 3.0 crd, and a kenworth with a CAT. Lol
Can’t wait to see, drive, and mod my new to me mini-max!

Attachments

• 438B938D-CE1D-4833-BE28-E4FFD43B3DA2.jpeg
    438B938D-CE1D-4833-BE28-E4FFD43B3DA2.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 8
  • E63001B3-41EE-4E42-856D-01F3F01A3D3F.jpeg
    E63001B3-41EE-4E42-856D-01F3F01A3D3F.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Welcome from a fellow Canuck. Love your user name. First one of this colour I have seen so far and it looks sharp.

Gotta love them there Cats! Welcome.

Got a look at my new whip today finally and a little bonus under the hood is a cold air intake! I can cross that off the top of my list of things I can’t afford but probably can’t live without lol

Awesome.. which intake is it?
S&B I don’t know how much of a difference it makes you guys will probably have a better idea my last couple diesels people were saying the factory airbox was so efficient that a cold air intake really didn’t make much difference 🤷🏻‍♂️

S&B I don’t know how much of a difference it makes you guys will probably have a better idea my last couple diesels people were saying the factory airbox was so efficient that a cold air intake really didn’t make much difference 🤷🏻‍♂️
You notice an increase in engine noise or is it about the same?

You notice an increase in engine noise or is it about the same?
I just bought this truck and it came with it, it was a nice little bonus I can definitely hear the turbo a little bit sucking and whooshing… it’s the song of my people so I like that but I never drove it with the stock airbox to know what it sounded like.

I think most say you get some air noise.. but I'm hesitant for any MPG/power claims..

I think most say you get some air noise.. but I'm hesitant for any MPG/power claims..
Yeah I agree my 2011 Cummins they said when It came right down to it the factory airbox was so efficient the cold air intake made no difference 🤷🏻‍♂️

And CAI's have been debunked as BS and maybe even hurts performance, most of the time being a HAI.

And CAI's have been debunked as BS and maybe even hurts performance, most of the time being a HAI.
Ya if they aren’t ducted down into the grill or something they aren’t cold air intakes we shouldn’t call them that, it’s just a habit. I do think the smooth pipe/elbows are better than some stock intakes with the ribbed flex elbows. But factory air box’s have come a long way in the last decade or so and besides a little more turbo noise from the open air box I doubt there’s much advantage. Hopefully it’s not LESS efficient.

Back