New v.158 software is out...

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
I just got done installing it and did not have any issues at all. For those of you on v.155, there is to be 50+ enhancements and squashed bugs. Versions older than v.155, has 300+ enhancements.

I thought I was all over the settings pages, but I don't remember the notification tab. I never had any notifications from my phone, when connected to my truck, so I would miss texts, weather alerts, etc. Got phone calls, but that is about it. I stopped connecting my phone.

Can someone here look at their settings and see if the information on the following pictures are present on v.155?

The notification toggle was off on mine. Maybe this isn't new and that was the reason I didn't hear notifications thru the truck.

Thanks in advance. 20210824_151507.jpg20210824_152758.jpg20210824_153611.jpg20210824_153558.jpg20210824_153550.jpg

Ok, I just checked, I have updates turned on, then I manually checked, and it said no updates? Where did you find software version #v.158 /v.155
My RST 3.0 Truck was manufactured 5/21

Last edited:
V155 was dealer installed when the 21's radio apps would not connect to wifi, even it's own wifi from day one.

V158 is a 1.9gig download from here...

The instructions I followed from here...

Wow, THANKS for info have you saw improvements? I will go ck version now

ok my version is, V155.3.8-MIHS1A-107/28/release-keys Dec 15,2020 went to web site, not sure how that fellow got the address to download? I did get download and save it to my drive, you have installed it and it works well? I cant play now might install later tonight.
Thanks for info

It's only been two days without an issue. But I went thru everything. Ran every app for a bit, minus the trailering app, as I didn't have a trailer attached.

Still have to have a dummy plug in the passenger seat belt latch to add addresses into the nav while in gear.

ok my version is, V155.3.8-MIHS1A-107/28/release-keys Dec 15,2020 went to web site, not sure how that fellow got the address to download? I did get download and save it to my drive, you have installed it and it works well? I cant play now might install later tonight.
Thanks for info
He installed the aftermarket nav from wams. WAMS sent an email with the file address link. I just paused the video and typed the whole thing in my phones browser and it worked.

I gave Phil a thumbs up on his video. He is a good one to have on our side with the T1's.

I tried the link just like you and downloaded it but would not recognise when I plugged in, then I emailed www.whiteautoandmedia.com here is response, let me know if yours worked?

If you have a factory 21 you'd have to contact your dealer for V158 unfortunately or wait for the over-the-air push to your vehicle.
White Automotive & Media Services

Yes, I think Phil was having some problems also. It looks like he tried 4 thumb drives before he got it to work. I'm kinda reading between the lines from his video. He shows what finally work for a drive.

I used an old usb2 4 gig thumb drive, freshly formatted and dropped just the files onto the root drive. Not in a folder.

Worked just fine.

Just went to the truck and took a picture of the About tab, to make sure it "took" the update, even though it said it was successful. Truck is a 21, 10-22-20 Fort Wayne, USA build.

20210826_150245.jpg

? download seemed to go well? it's on a 2.0 flash drive,? maybe I could try again? It's weird how WAMS said no but?

How big is the drive? Kinda sounds like 4 gig is the max. Formatted to fat32. Something to do with the radio not reading larger drives.

How big is the drive? Kinda sounds like 4 gig is the max. Formatted to fat32. Something to do with the radio not reading larger drives.
I had a 16G flash drive, I will look for a smaller one and retry

Ok, you were 100% correct, redid the download on a 2G flash drive and installed it mins ago.
version updated toV158.3.2-MIHS21A-
Amazing, the smaller flash drive worked well took about 35mins, started and all worked well, drove about 10 miles making sure all worked, shut down, and on restart screen came up said software download now complete.
Thanks for the help

That's what it all about. As Red Green would say...We're in this together, keep your stick on the ice.

Back