Oil disappearing

SalVader

Oct 28, 2021
Hello. I’ve read a few posts here about the oil consumption issue on some of these 3.0 Duramax. I am afraid my truck is one of the problem trucks. It tripped the low oil pressure code at 4100 miles. The dealership told me the oil level was fine, probably just a sensor. I took it home and let it sit for a few days, since my appointment to check it out was 3 weeks away. I decide to check the oil level myself. The dipstick was bone dry. I went and bought the correct oils and added 3 quarts and checked oil as I added. It ran just fine. I took it the dealership and complained. They did give me a complementary oil change and I thought that was that. I thought maybe the oil was low from assembly. Well now 2000 miles later, I checked the oil because I am going on a 1500 mile trip. The dipstick is again bone dry. The dealership claims that they’ve never seen this issue.

is this your service rep?

59987797.jpg

Do they clone these techs? Had the same issue when I brought mine in for the CNS issue. I think it's because it's such a new engine they don't know it but they should do their homework. We don't bring in our vehicles just for fun.

Check for an oil leak at the rear main crank seal. I read a few had this issue. It must have been a supplier issue as the 6.6L was also affected. Other than that, I haven't heard of any oil issues with this engine.

Back