OnStar Hands-Free Calling To Sunset In February 2022

Mooseman

Oct 19, 2021

Kinda sucks for the two or three guys out there that don't own a cell phone. I had it for a year when I first bought our 2008 Montana SV6 but after that first intro year offer, just wasn't worth it. I think that's what happens to OnStar in general. I haven't used it really in my 2021 except for the activation. The data I dropped after the free month and will do the same with OnStar.

I purchased my wife a new Tahoe (on order, and waiting) but I will activate onstar for that vehicle as it's a piece of mind for me. I do pay for the data plan right now for remote access on my truck.

I do pay for the data plan right now for remote access on my truck.
I'm not sure you really need that. I can still access mine through the app and I don't have a data plan. However I did connect it to my home Wifi and could also connect it to my phone's hotspot if needed.

I'm not sure you really need that. I can still access mine through the app and I don't have a data plan

I thought that myself, but it would not work otherwise... my 17 truck was "grandfathered" in and I never had to pay for it.

Back