Rattling/Nasty Clunking

Garv

Reaction score
3.0 litre Silverado 2024 4969 km or 3100 miles and it got a ride on flat bed tow truck to dealer. Service guy said drive it in. I said I don't think it will make it the 35 km/23 miles. Called Roadside Assistance. Anyone else have this issue. I have been driving 2500 Series Trucks with 6.6 Duramax for 15 years and switched to a smaller truck cause I don't need the size or expense.

Update # 1 towed to closest dealership as per GM Roadside Assistance. Diesel mechanic ( only one) says the motor is pooched with 4969 km. He is going on holidays and can't look at it for a Month. Iam having it transported to Dealer where I bought it for diagnosis, at my Cost , 60 miles away..

That stinks.. It's crazy a business (modern dealership) can only have one diesel mechanic.

I had the truck moved to the Dealer where I bought it. Engine is fkt. A new one is ordered. 3100 miles and I tried to deal the truck. I paid $73k for it. They offered me $53k on a trade of equal truck. I am waiting for GM Customer Care Manager to get back to me over this BS.

Good luck with that. GM should make it right, but they will fight you with everything they have to not do it.

I called Customer Care,,,(not) and gave all the info. I received a email saying we can either contact through email or text. I finally sent a message that I want to speak to a CC Manger. I got a call last Wed @ 4;54 pm from a lady with a east Asian accent and we were able to communicate with some difficulty. She said someone woul get back within 72 business hours which was 48 hrs as of Friday Aug 30th. No call. I am but a wee drop in the ocean and up to now a very loyal GM Customer having purchased 17 new GM vehicles.

Back