Regeneration of DPF

rbdjr

Jun 23, 2021
I now have 1200 miles on my 3.0, how soon and when can I expect approx a regeneration of the DPF. est?

I haven't measure the mileage yet with my OBD reader on this one. But once a tank usually in previous diesels.. assuming this one is close?

Depending, anywhere from 250 to 560 miles on mine.

Don't want to spend your money, but the only way you'd know is with a obd reader and a app like torque pro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 12
Since Im new to this engine I will have to check it out, I do have a few scanners at work, I will have to see what they are capable of.
OTC scanner, Snap-on SOLUS Legend, I have not had a chance to plug into, but next week I will for sure. Thanks, I have slightly over 1200 miles and the def tank still full-on gauge has not dropped at all.
Thanks for the heads up on scanner info

This is what I was meaning by a obd reader. Nothing as fancy as that snap-on...

I then use this phone holder/charger, while using my phone and torque pro...

Regen does not consume def. It consumes more fuel.

Thanks for the link, I do have a " Blue Driver " I will see what that can do also. Thanks again for the links and info.
So its possible it has completed a regen and I never knew it?

Most definitely 2 @1200 miles. Your dpf (soot filter) would be plugged.

If you're new to the emissioned diesel generation, this video will help wrap your head around what all the epa bullsh!t is...

As much as I hate def, it's better than that egr valve. Our oil turns black (soot) quick enough. Unless you're running a luberfiner type filter.

My truck consistently regenerates between 260-280 miles. On highway trips, it's made it to 450 between regen. I don't use Torque Pro anymore but the longer you have your truck, you'll be able to tell when it is regenerating. Higher idle at stop, lower instant fuel mileage. First couple regens, you may smell something hot. My guess in 1200 miles, it's regenerated 3-4 times already.

My truck consistently regenerates between 260-280 miles. On highway trips, it's made it to 450 between regen. I don't use Torque Pro anymore but the longer you have your truck, you'll be able to tell when it is regenerating. Higher idle at stop, lower instant fuel mileage. First couple regens, you may smell something hot. My guess in 1200 miles, it's regenerated 3-4 times already.

Good info.. I know the engine is more elevated during Regens, but I feel like it's not that noticeable as it was in older trucks (even my 17 Colorado Duramax was really noticeable).

Back