S&B CAI filter

HalfMax

Mar 3, 2022
So as I mentioned previously my gently used ‘21 came with a S&B intake, my question to you guys is should I be looking for a paper filter to replace the oiled filter? They used to say the oiled filter were bad for diesels…. I assume this is still the case 🤷🏻‍♂️ I also am planning to swap the intake out with the factory air box one day just to compare mileage as I have a pretty good handle on what it gets WITH it, I’m curious to know if it’s any better than factory…. 🤔

S&B offers dry filters, so they may have what you need. I would definitely switch, I don’t trust the oiled filters. On another note, are you able to hear the turbo with that setup?

S&B offers dry filters, so they may have what you need. I would definitely switch, I don’t trust the oiled filters. On another note, are you able to hear the turbo with that setup?
The loud turbo is the only benefit I’m sure of lol which might actually hurt fuel mileage lol there’s a direct link between turbo sounds and a mans right foot 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the S+B it seems the mileage has increased a little bit (maybe 2mpg) but my quick throttle response has vanished it seems a little more sluggish out of the hole. Maybe turbo lag with the intake but not sure. I do like the sound of it too though.

I have the S+B it seems the mileage has increased a little bit (maybe 2mpg) but my quick throttle response has vanished it seems a little more sluggish out of the hole. Maybe turbo lag with the intake but not sure. I do like the sound of it too though.
Interesting I have noticed pretty awful throttle response I just thought these motors were dogs off the line.

I can light the tires on mine fairly easily and have to be careful. It ain't no dog :D
Haha maybe I need to try the stock air box then lol I find mine to have wicked lag getn up and going under moderate throttle. Or I just need to try mashing it to the floor every green light 😂

Ya mine would light-‘em up with the factory box pretty easy. Definitely changed something, I noticed it the first test drive. The slightly improved mileage and turbo sound makes up for it I suppose.

Back