Seeking help on a couple of issues.

Denny56

Mar 21, 2024
Hi guys, nice to be here seeking help and info from fellow Duramax owners. I purchased my 2024 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab long bed 3.0 Diesel in Sep. '23. By the way, the build date on this truck was on 25 Aug. '23. I picked the truck at dealership on 2 Sep. '23, just nine days later, and this was a factory order. It was built at the Fort Wayne, IN plant and was shipped and received at my Dealership in Orangeville, ON, Canada, about 45 miles north of Toronto on 31 Aug. '23, in just 7 days! I picked it up 2 days later on 2 Sep. '23.
On the second fill up at 2100 km, it got 34.8 mpg (Imperial), 29.0 mpg U.S. Averaging about 32 mpg now at 7700 km. I have been using the Archoil Diesel fuel additive since fill up number two. Not sure if this is making any difference at this point.

Recent mods I have done was to install the KC Hi-Lites under hood LED lights Kit, so I can see the engine at night. Pretty straight forward install. Also swapped positions of the headlight and 2WD/4WD switches. The headlight switch is now easier to see, as it was partially hidden by the steering wheel when looking down at the switch. One other oddity is that my truck did not come with any vanity mirror lights in the sun visor, both driver and passenger! I got to believe there is going to be a lot of pissed off girlfriends and wives when they go to do their makeup! Not sure when GM decide to not install the mirror lights, but my 2017 truck had them. This is a major blunder, and absolute stupidity on GM's part, and would love to know who made that decision. This, just to save a few bucks, and totally unacceptable on a $90K truck to say the least.

I am also attempting to install a kill switch for theft deterrence. Switch is installed, but still researching the manner in which to connect the wiring. This brings me to my first question. Does anyone know where i can source a wiring diagram for this truck? I have attained the ELECTRICAL Body Builder Manual, put out by GMUpfitter.com. However the wiring diagram does not show the full wiring and colours for all wires and connectors. The only source i can find is the MITCHELL1 manuals, but only an automotive shop or business can subscribe to these and it's about $2400 per year!
Also looking to confirm the thread pitch for the oil pressure and the water temperature sensors for the 3.0 Duramax LZ0. I have Googled both switches, and it seems no one online sells either! Tons available for earlier model gas motors, but pretty well non-nonexistent the 3.0 Diesel. I got more stuff planned, but unfortunately I haven't won the lottery as yet! Any thoughts or comments welcome...THX guys!

Welcome.

I think the best bet now for us lowly owners is the upfitter guide. There is Alldata, but it is also priced out of our league.

Never gave much thought to the thread of the oil pressure sensor. I would have guessed they were npt. But after looking at them, I'll make a wag that it is some where along the lines of a spark plug thread pitch. I wonder why gm got away from npt? The sealing properties also remind me of an orb thread, used in hydraulics.

As far as the temp sensor, it appears it's going to be retained by a hold down bracket. That would allow it to be indexed at a certain position and to seal.

The temp sensor in the head is the same part number as the LM2. I'm not seeing that the LZ0 is using the rad temp sensor as the LM2, or it's too new and not listed yet.

The temp sensor in the head is the same part number as the LM2. I'm not seeing that the LZ0 is using the rad temp sensor as the LM2, or it's too new and not listed yet.
THX for reply. I'm curious as to why this info is so difficult to find. It's just like the manuals, they don't want you to know, or most likely have your truck taken to a dealer for service so they can make money!

Back