Software...who wrote this crap?

Ravenbrook

Apr 5, 2020
When I start my truck I will get a message on the screen about choosing which user I am. I’m the only driver so I ignore it. But after that goes away it will sometimes bring up that annoying message about keeping your eyes on the road. But by this time I’m in gear and going down the road. So now I must take my eyes off the road to make the message go away by clicking the appropriate button. Who writes this crap? And now that I had to use my spare key for 1 trip to the store, it wants to tell me every time I start the truck I’m user 2. Well I’m the only user and I’m listed in the first position. Possibly because I use key fob #2 as my typical key? Then if you use the steering wheel controls to change radio stations it brings your stations up in the middle of your dash. Is this really necessary as I can just as quickly glance at my radio and see what station I’m on. And if you’re channel surfing it totally covers up the digital speedometer. Every time you turn off that annoying feature that shuts the engine off at every stop you get a reminder message letting you know what you just did. Why? I always turn that off because I have a service business and I visit about 16-20 customers a day. My engine would probably shut off and restart close to 100 times a day. I can’t imagine that will be good for it in the long run. When I back up I constantly get the front parking sensors telling me there is something there. I’m going backwards so it doesn’t help. And it’s done this many times with nothing around! I do have a cargo hauler in my trailer hitch so I’d understand if that confused it, but not the front sensors. I use my truck for work, so I‘m probably in my truck more than most people are in theirs. I guess that’s why some of this silly code GM wrote is so annoying.

It seems government rules and regulations often cause us more pains then it helps.. key #1 is usually assigned to the main driver, therefore if you get in with the other keyfob it likely identifies as #2 correctly.

It never told me that silly message before I had to use my spare key for one trip. And now it’s not doing it every time. What makes it do it randomly? I’m really not impressed with their software.

Back