Stutter during acceleration at low speeds

nortchuck

Aug 21, 2021
Hi - have a 2021 burban with the 3.0. Truck has 6000 miles on it. Has been in the dealer for multiple check engine and emission systems issues. Those ha e been corrected with connector replacements.

since the first check engine it has been stuttering when accelerating. It feels like a fish tugging on a line.

we live at 8300’ and it seems to happen most when the car initially starts cold. Took it to dealer and they did ecm and tcm updates but it’s still happening.

anybody have anything like this?

Welcome!

I'm assuming they've done a fuel filter change to help rule out bad fuel or it being clogged or close to it?

Thanks! Glad to have found this forum!

they have not done a fuel filter change yet. I’ll mention that to them.

Hi - have a 2021 burban with the 3.0. Truck has 6000 miles on it. Has been in the dealer for multiple check engine and emission systems issues. Those ha e been corrected with connector replacements.

since the first check engine it has been stuttering when accelerating. It feels like a fish tugging on a line.

we live at 8300’ and it seems to happen most when the car initially starts cold. Took it to dealer and they did ecm and tcm updates but it’s still happening.

anybody have anything like this?
Just spit ballin' here, since you have made the comment about multiple connectors being replaced.

Was one of them the fuel pressure sensor? If not, might look at that one and check if there is any greenish corrosion in it. I have read somewhere, that connector has been replaced already for someone else. Don't remember the issue they were having though.

On the invoice it says SL-N-CONNECTOR Kit. it was something related to the engine fan.

I can ask about fuel pressure sensor

I’ve had the exact same issues they replaced the engine wiring harness fix a lot of the issues but still has the shutter they also replaced the egr that did nothing . The one thing I personally am starting to think is it could be in the throttle pedal I could be wrong but it seams to do it when the accelerator is in a certain position more it goes away and less it goes away .Now have 7,000 miles on it and it’s lived most of its life at the dealership. After the first 7 week stay at the dealership and did not fix anything I ordered a new denali and and that was October 4th ish and still waiting for that to show up. If you figure it out please let me know and I’ll do the same

So after months of back and forth with the dealership we finally got GM to fly an engineer out. He drove it and diagnosed the problem as the valve body on the transmission. They replaced and we’ve been good to go, no stuttering, truck is running awesome.

Back