Things you learned about on your truck...

I noticed an article that said the dealer would be able to retrofit heated seats once this pandemic was over.. Neat if so.

Fronts only. And the steering wheel.

Yeah but how much will this retrofit cost? Can't be the $50 credit they give. I smell a rat with this whole thing. Back in 2008 when I bought a new Montana SV6 van, it was only after the sale that I noticed it didn't have cruise control. Cost me over $600 to get it installed. Years later I found out all that needed to be done was adding the buttons to the steering wheel since the PCM was already programmed for it and the wiring was there. I was retro-pissed!

Atleast when I go to add rear heated seats, on the '22, I will have more gm cash to put forth. I don't even have buttons. Then again, rear might not be important to me, by the time this is over.

One thing about the diesel is it doesn't start blowing heat for awhile. Heated seats keep you nice and warm until the engine temp comes up on those 20 degree mornings.

I learned that after waiting 8 months after the build date for my truck to arrive, the plant assembly workers cut some corners and hoses/wire harnesses were not clipped where they were supposed to be... I fixed it for them. What do ya expect for $60K right?

I learned that after waiting 8 months after the build date for my truck to arrive, the plant assembly workers cut some corners and hoses/wire harnesses were not clipped where they were supposed to be... I fixed it for them. What do ya expect for $60K right?
Friday truck?? 😉

Anything mass produced happens to have missed. It could always be worse!

Friday truck?? 😉

Anything mass produced happens to have missed. It could always be worse!
Yes it could be worse, that’s why I really have my fingers crossed that it isn’t (based on reading some of the issues others have been having here!). Just makes you wonder, if they missed the basic/simple stuff what else might have been missed..?

SO far, the only issue I had was a code P26BB code 2 or 3 times starting around 675Km on the odometer. I thought, oh great here we go already having issues on a brand new vehicle. I cleared it and it hasn’t been back in about 1000 kms driven. When I was under the vehicle, I cleaned up a few wires, improved a ground on the the frame under the passenger seat (that they just screwed onto the waxed frame) so hopefully it has itself worked out now. I know bad grounds can cause ALL sorts of issues, I’ve have some on used vehicles I’ve had.

Only other thing I’m wondering (and I started another post about) is DEF useage, or more specifically the gauge reading on the dash. I’m around 2000 kms on the truck now and it still shows full. So either the gauge isn’t all that accurate or it’s possibly not working. In 2000 kms I would have thought that it would have been down 1/2 or 1 bar....

Mileage is pretty darn good for a full size 4x4 truck in my opinion, the fact that we are getting completely fleeced up here in Canada on diesel prices is a whole other discussion.

Yes it could be worse, that’s why I really have my fingers crossed that it isn’t (based on reading some of the issues others have been having here!). Just makes you wonder, if they missed the basic/simple stuff what else might have been missed..?

SO far, the only issue I had was a code P26BB code 2 or 3 times starting around 675Km on the odometer. I thought, oh great here we go already having issues on a brand new vehicle. I cleared it and it hasn’t been back in about 1000 kms driven. When I was under the vehicle, I cleaned up a few wires, improved a ground on the the frame under the passenger seat (that they just screwed onto the waxed frame) so hopefully it has itself worked out now. I know bad grounds can cause ALL sorts of issues, I’ve have some on used vehicles I’ve had.

Only other thing I’m wondering (and I started another post about) is DEF useage, or more specifically the gauge reading on the dash. I’m around 2000 kms on the truck now and it still shows full. So either the gauge isn’t all that accurate or it’s possibly not working. In 2000 kms I would have thought that it would have been down 1/2 or 1 bar....

Mileage is pretty darn good for a full size 4x4 truck in my opinion, the fact that we are getting completely fleeced up here in Canada on diesel prices is a whole other discussion.
My def light finally comes on after about 6000-7000 miles.

I have now learned that there appears to be a random ‘glitch‘ in the DIC now that I’ve had the truck for a while, not a big deal but definitely screwy.

I scroll back and forth between digital speed and the live fuel economy reading. When I shut the truck off and then restart it sometimes it switches screen to either tire pressure or vehicle angle. Definitely some sort of programming ‘bug’. Doesn’t do it most of the time, just occasionally sometimes. Not going to worry about it though or even have the dealer look at it.

I've had that occasionally but I attribute that to touching the scroll wheel while backing and turning the wheel and then shutting it off, not noticing it. I try to keep an eye on it and have noticed before shutting that I did in fact touch the wheel.

Yea, that’s definitely not my issue because I usually scroll over to check the mileage and then scroll back to the main screen before shutting the truck off.

I have now learned that there appears to be a random ‘glitch‘ in the DIC now that I’ve had the truck for a while, not a big deal but definitely screwy.

I scroll back and forth between digital speed and the live fuel economy reading. When I shut the truck off and then restart it sometimes it switches screen to either tire pressure or vehicle angle. Definitely some sort of programming ‘bug’. Doesn’t do it most of the time, just occasionally sometimes. Not going to worry about it though or even have the dealer look at it.
I figured out this has to do with the GMC diagnostic summary report that I am emailed every month and starts happening about 5 days before its report date deadline. I have figured out how to get around it, just push the steering wheel button to the right to go into the mileage summary (or tire pressure or whatever) before shutting the truck off. When the truck is started up the next time, it‘s still on the same screen.

We had a cold spell for a few days here a couple weeks ago. Everything was frozen solid, including water bottles in the trucks.

Found out the normal water bottles fit nice in the defroster vent slot. Don't bounce and rattle around or roll out. Takes about 20 minutes to unthaw.

20240121_131046.jpg

Back