Trim packages the 3.0L Duramax is available in

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
The 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel is available on the LT, RST, LTZ and High Country trims. For the LTZ and High Country, the 3.0L Diesel is a $2,495 option, identical to that of the 6.2L V-8. For the LT and RST, it is a $3,890 increase over a 2.7L Turbo engine.

Example

Attachments

• RST_DieselOption.JPG
    RST_DieselOption.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
I have a GMC SLT that is decently loaded. It has leather, heated and cooled seats, the Bose radio, spray in bedliner and more. Love the options but there are several things that GM did with the internal design of the truck that I don't like. First off, due to the stalk shifter they put the windshield wipers on the stalk with the turn signals. I don't like that I have to take my hand off the steering wheel to turn the wipers on, even for one pass. How about making the end of the stalk a push button I can reach with a finger while my hands is still on the wheel for a single swipe of the wipers? Radio controls are on both sides of the steering wheel. If you don't have your right hand on the wheel, say you're getting a drink, and need to turn the volume down quickly, you can't. How about putting all 4 buttons, Station up/down and volume up/down on the left side? A nit pick I know, but in the month and a half I've had the truck it's come up MANY times. There is little to no storage up front. Mine has the wireless phone charger in the console so that takes up a bunch of space. They could have put a little cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel where the electronic parking brake button is, that would have been a start. And the radio...where do I start. Can't say how many times I've switched stations and the radio shows it's on the next station, but the music is still coming from the previous station. It eventually catches up, but WHY? The Sirius XM seems to have a bear of a time keeping a signal if I drive under a few trees. Yes I realize it's satellite radio, but I've never had one loose a signal this easily. I do like some of the stations on SXM but I hate the fact I'm paying to listen to a DJ! Get rid of most of them and just play music, then you could lower your price and get more people like me to sign up. Another nit pick I know. And my biggest pet peeve...Why when I have the door set to lock when I shut it, does it wait about 7-8 seconds and lock, EVEN IF I'M STANDING NEXT TO THE DOOR? I run a business out of my truck and I have to regularly move stuff from one side to the other. With my health issues I can't walk around the truck fast enough before the door locks again. Yes it till easily open up by pushing the button, but why can't it sense I'm within a few feet of the door (Fob in pocket) and not lock? I deal with that issue at least 4 or 5 times a day. Perhaps they should put an option to have a longer delay in the software? I found that this function is useful most of the time because I don't handle the key with the push button start so I had a tendency of not locking my truck. These are just a few of the things I think they could work on. I do love the engine and this weekend I'll do a short 200 mile trip to see the family almost all on the highway so I'll see what the fuel mileage is like. I should have about 2200 miles on it by that time.

The current "build your own silverado" price for the 3.0 in an LTZ is less than $1k. I used the pricing program to price the 2021 truck I wanted and the numbers matched the dealer salesman's numbers to the penny. The diesel option varies by trim.

Back