Turbo Trouble

Bwf

Nov 28, 2021
2020 RST and turbo has gone out at 26000 miles. Has anyone else had issues with this?

Actually took it to 2 dealerships and both said turbo.Been waiting on parts 3 weeks 😡

Glad you could join us. Sorry about the boost bummer that brought you. Hope you find lots to entertain and engage.

Have not seen anyone with a turbo complaint to date, whats it doing? code? noise? low performance any or all?

Agreed, first time hearing of Turbo issues. Keep us updated on how it all goes.

Do you regularly let it cool down before shutting off the engine?
I also don't let them cool most people do not drive passenger car turbos like big rig or performance turbos with time out built-in. I have seen many passenger vehicles diesel with well over 200,000 miles and they also don't let turbos cool down, but that's not to say that's not the perfect way to handle it. Just not realistic for the everyday passenger turbo vehicles and manufacturers understand that the most telling thing on turbo life is proper grade lubricant and recommended change interverals.

I think if the 3.0 turbo needed to be cooled down, gm would have programmed the system to restart on its own, like they did for the 6.6.

The exhaust temps just aren't HOT. I have the exhaust temp pids, before and after the DPF, as displays on torque pro screen.

Back